F450 carbon fiber landing gear extensions

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
F450/F550 landing gear extensions and batwing camera mount.

I made these for my F450 so the gopro would clear the ground. They are obviously strong as hell because the quad came barreling into the ground after losing signal and didnt break anything but a prop. I have a few people on here who ordered some and it is easier for me to make a bunch at once. So if anyone else wants a pair, let me know. I am charging $20/ set of 4. Shipping is $5 in the US.

thanks
Yuri

View attachment 2380View attachment 2381View attachment 2382

Attachments

• DSC00442.jpg
    DSC00442.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 964
  • DSC00443.jpg
    DSC00443.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 805
  • DSC00444.jpg
    DSC00444.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 752
Last edited by a moderator:

Kilby

Money sent. This is perfect since I was looking for a way to raise mine up a little bit and get my GoPro under it. I have a non-fisheye lens going on the GoPro as well, so I shouldn't see any legs in my video.

-Terry

jforkner

Looks good. Just curious...is there a reason the legs are mounted with the curve toward the center? Seems like the quad would be more stable if the legs were curved out. I suspect they could be mounted either way, however.

Jack

kloner

Aerial DP
makes less obtrusive to the camera, less in frame and looks great

I almost went and bought 4 trex tail fins till saw this

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I suppose you could flip them around. I just thought it looked cool this way. I think if you mounted the gopro under the battery tray, with the lower plate oriented front/back, you might get the legs out of view. I am also flying in 170deg mode which gets damn near everything.

Thanks for the orders guys, I am blown away at how many of these have sold already. Although i'm not making much it is kinda cool to get some product out there. It inspires me to put up more ideas I have for after market parts.

Yuri

kloner

Aerial DP
can you work from a 2d .dxf file or does it have to be a 3d autocad type file? what sort of materials do you work with?

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
2d .dxf is fine for most parts. I can cut just about anything. I have a CNC plasma cutter as well, although not ideal for intricate parts. Your parts are on their way.

robone

I made these for my F450 so the gopro would clear the ground. They are obviously strong as hell because the quad came barreling into the ground after losing signal and didnt break anything but a prop. I have a few people on here who ordered some and it is easier for me to make a bunch at once. So if anyone else wants a pair, let me know. I am charging $20/ set of 4. Shipping is $5 in the US.

thanks
Yuri

View attachment 3639View attachment 3640View attachment 3641

I like the those legs. Just wish I had a F450 and I would order some. $20 is a good price.

Rob

rwilabee

I think the way they are mounted flows better with the look of the F450. Definately looks cool.

Rich

I suppose you could flip them around. I just thought it looked cool this way. I think if you mounted the gopro under the battery tray, with the lower plate oriented front/back, you might get the legs out of view. I am also flying in 170deg mode which gets damn near everything.

Thanks for the orders guys, I am blown away at how many of these have sold already. Although i'm not making much it is kinda cool to get some product out there. It inspires me to put up more ideas I have for after market parts.

Yuri

Mactadpole

Hi Yuri,

What is their total length? I need something like these on my Rusty's frame and I'll just use one of his clamp sets.

Thanks, Shawn

aWanderer

Hi there, are these still for sale? I don't have PayPal, but could do an e-mail money transfer from my bank? I am in Canada. Let me know if/when I could order a set please. Great work BTW.