EZUHF pro

Tomstoy2

Just ordered me one of these. How hard is this to install? Anything I should know about before installing?
I know about staying away from the new software.
It's going on my t8fg.
Thanks.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
now there's a "Pro" version??? ugh, mine is still dead in the water, maybe this afternoon it will come around.

we should establish the definition of the word "Pro" to mean, "works as well as you thought the non-Pro would" :dejection:

Tomstoy2

I'm pretty excited about it! I've been tweaking my Hexa for close to 2 years now, learning what works, what doesn't. I have it flying and performing phenomenally well now, so now it's time to give her some nice long legs, sex her up a bit. I've not messed with uhf before, so it's back to the ol' learning curve thing again. Just can't believe how much money I got tied into a 533mm ship! Still a hell of a lot cheaper than my Avant, though.

Bartman

the UHF thing sure is another learning curve. i've only found the software to work with Win 7, if you figure out otherwise please post it here.

i'd recommend you secure the helicopter to the ground the first time you try to establish the control link, mine went to medium throttle and wouldn't respond to shut down commands, i'm very lucky it didn't take off and fly away.

good luck with it!

kloner

Aerial DP
with the ezuhf on 8fg you will need to do a couple things. Pry the futaba trainer connector apart and get the +vcc wire clipped, i pull the pin right out of the connector. then on any dji controller, you need to set all the sticks and switches to middle possition and bind the rx..... then put in a dji product and set it up like normal and reset bind but use just under half way on the throttle instead of anywhere over 10%..... naza looks for center pulse when booting or something like that

In any software interface you'd want to look over the stick inputs, calibrate the radio to it

I've never had any problems like Bart has had, why i don't know what to tell him. it's like he has different firmwares or just a malfunctioning part

I have win 7 and another pc uses win before this, all 64 bit. My friends run apples and parralels, works fine there..... never not seen the software work either

Bartman

with the ezuhf on 8fg you will need to do a couple things. Pry the futaba trainer connector apart and get the +vcc wire clipped, i pull the pin right out of the connector. then on any dji controller, you need to set all the sticks and switches to middle possition and bind the rx..... then put in a dji product and set it up like normal and reset bind but use just under half way on the throttle instead of anywhere over 10%..... naza looks for center pulse when booting or something like that

In any software interface you'd want to look over the stick inputs, calibrate the radio to it

I've never had any problems like Bart has had, why i don't know what to tell him. it's like he has different firmwares or just a malfunctioning part

I have win 7 and another pc uses win before this, all 64 bit. My friends run apples and parralels, works fine there..... never not seen the software work either

i wish I knew why I'm not having things go EZ! I'll try again today and see what happens.

over at FPVlab it seems that experiences with this stuff are mixed, some have it go well, others not so well.

i'm using VMware on my MAC to run windows and it's the only Win based 'puter in the house that will run the firmware client successfully. Win 8.1 and XP can't make it work.

kloner

Aerial DP
Wish you would have brought it over to the hotel the other night. We had a pc that was working firmwares (we changed channels) on our gear

The good news is you only use a pc to update firmware and to assign channels different like to make jr work with dji preset channel configs. It also has a built in rf spektrum analyzer to look at the rig powered and not for self induced rf interference

we are coming back near the same spot in a few weeks, if nothing else, hook up with us again and we will take a look at it for ya....

Tomstoy2

Kloner, thanks for your input. I'm sure I'll have a ton of questions when I get it. I've already ordered it with the cable mod done. For me, time is limited, 12 hr nite shift. So, one less thing taking up my time. Good to know about the binding stick settings. Tried to read the manual last nite, but damn work kept getting in the way!