EZOSD 100A current sensor

jmc67

I received today the EZosd and installed per the diagram in the manual. However, everything is working as it should but the sensor is reading a higher voltage of about 58volts when I have a 3s battery connected. Not sure what to do. Is the sensor defective or is there a way to reset? With a 2s battery, I get the same reading. I'm running firmware 1.14.

View attachment 6276

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 279

kloner

Aerial DP
i've never had this one, but my experiance with osd's is when a sensor is plugged in backwards it makes other readings go nuts. when i setup an osd, first thing i do after instal is look at volt and amp to make sure there reading right so i know it's all wired right

Is there an rssi cable? Is it using the supplied immersion cable to a ezuhf? what all plugs into it? sometimes pictures help us notice something wrong, close up macro shots, were old

if this persists this is where the guy that makes em hangs out
http://fpvlab.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?22-ImmersionRC

jmc67

There is no rssi cable. Everything connected is ImmerconRC compatible. Page 4 of the manual show exactly what I have connected. The plugs used are the ones you can only plug one way. The lipo is connected to the battery input of the sensor and the sensor feed power to the OSD. The esc connector of the sensor feeds power to the quad. I also tried without powering the quad.

http://immersionrc.com/manuals/EzOSDOperatorsManual.pdf

kloner

Aerial DP
go start a thread at that link i gave you, he'll tell you how to fix it or to send it back, very straight forward dude, online daily

kloner

Aerial DP
I bought a brand new 5.8 600mw vtx, put it on a plane, worked, took it off and put it on a quad, didn't work. posted over there, put a picture of the circuit board, next thing ya know he posted lost a chip, the one that protects from hooking it to a battery backwards and that i could solder across the joint, it still works today.

He's in europe so he himself tries to do just that. if it's fubard from the retailer, alot of times you swap out with your retailer. Who'd you get it all from?

let us know if he takes care of you or not. alot of times he needs pictures, might want to add them so when he looks, it's all there ready to figure out. From your description, this is weird.

jmc67

Going to post pics of the sensor later this evening. I purchased from futurehobbies. This sensor is also the 100a version.

kloner

Aerial DP
that sucks...... guess we'll see if it has to go back if things have changed. When the mentioned video tx stopped working, i sent wade and email like 4 times and he never did respond,,,, still

jmc67

I have this thing connected to see if there are any changes to what the sensor is reporting in terms of the voltage. So far the voltage reading is
dropping past the battery voltage. If I connect another battery, the voltage reading goes back to 60v.

View attachment 6291View attachment 6292

Attachments

• IMG_0484.jpg
    IMG_0484.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 359
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 404
Last edited by a moderator:

jmc67

So I posted over at fpvlab but never received a response. Anyway, I managed to fix the sensor. Immersionrc site has a beta version of the immersionrc tools version 1.22. This version has a sensor calibration wizard for end user and retailer. All is working now. My only other issue after testing this out today is that satellite lock is extremely slow. I get 4 satellite lock almost quick but then it takes forever to get full lock. Alttude and distance readings are a mess. I haven't removed the gps module from the OSD so maybe this may be the issue. Anyone experience this? Any remedies?

kloner

Aerial DP
I've read that alot. The team blacksheep one has a hacked gps unit in it that has a battery. I've seen a hack thread for a remote sattelite that also has a battery. The battery saves the last coordinates and takes a little the first time, but after changing batteries they lock in really quick. that's what i like about eagle tree, it comes with that.

gencode

JMC, where did you find the beta calabration tool?
I added the wire and pulled back the foil with no luck, I am also showing 60v :(

So I posted over at fpvlab but never received a response. Anyway, I managed to fix the sensor. Immersionrc site has a beta version of the immersionrc tools version 1.22. This version has a sensor calibration wizard for end user and retailer. All is working now. My only other issue after testing this out today is that satellite lock is extremely slow. I get 4 satellite lock almost quick but then it takes forever to get full lock. Alttude and distance readings are a mess. I haven't removed the gps module from the OSD so maybe this may be the issue. Anyone experience this? Any remedies?

gencode

I think I found it
http://www.immersionrc.com/betaville