ESC issues

thitch2

Hi all I am setting up my Hexa at the moment and have come up with a problem I have run out of ideas with. I have Tarot motors with Turnigy Plush 30A speed controllers. I have done all the basic setups for the system which has gone well and are at the point of firing up the motors. You can run the motors individually using channel 3 on the receiver when you run them through the dji controller they will not start. I have tried every combination with the sticks on the radio to energize the motors nothing works. I am running a Futaba 14SG radio on S-bus. I am sure it is something simple has anyone had this issue. Thanks in advance.

jrlederer

Please provide a bit more info... Which DJI controller are you using? Also, have you connected it to the assistant software on your PC to ensure the channels are responding properly (not reversed) and calibrated the extremities of the controls? Seems like you're skipping a big step, brother.

kloner

Aerial DP
if this is new or you added new firmware, you have to calibrate the gps before dii controllers will let ya go....... your light should show manual, atto and gps flashes, red flashes till gps lock then the red goes away

thitch2

Please provide a bit more info... Which DJI controller are you using? Also, have you connected it to the assistant software on your PC to ensure the channels are responding properly (not reversed) and calibrated the extremities of the controls? Seems like you're skipping a big step, brother.

I have the DJI Wookong M Autopilot system with 50 waypoints. I have connected to the assistant software and set up the system. first thing was the upgrade then the set up. I have calibrated the radio and confirmed it is not reversed and done the end points for the switches. The throttle follows the path on the screen with the same number of steps from the middle point +/- 1000. I have not calibrated the GPS as yet thinking if in manual mode the system should fire up am I wrong in assuming this? The set up was pretty straight forward using the assistant software other than when you go to test a motor the motor does not spool up the ESC is making all the right hand shake noises and I checked the set up of each esc with mu card prior to putting them in the hexa. I will review all the settings again and calibrate the GPS and see how things work. Thanks mate

thitch2

if this is new or you added new firmware, you have to calibrate the gps before dii controllers will let ya go....... your light should show manual, atto and gps flashes, red flashes till gps lock then the red goes away

This is a new system so yes it needed setting up I have however not calibrated the GPS thinking that in manual mode it should fire up am I wrong in assuming that. Thanks very much in advance Phil

kloner

Aerial DP
yes, it should be flashing yellow/red over and over? if so, the gps needs calibrating

if your in manual mode does it show three red flashes till they all go away like it locks the satellite? if this is the case, hmmmm

thitch2

yes, it should be flashing yellow/red over and over? if so, the gps needs calibrating

if your in manual mode does it show three red flashes till they all go away like it locks the satellite? if this is the case, hmmmm
Well I have calibrated the GPS and as best I can see it is working ok maybe you can confirm for me. Switch to GPS mode get a single purple flash about every second. In Atti mode I get a single yellow flash about every second and in manual mode I don't get any flashing at all. Tried to fire up motors still will not fire up. Any ideas mate thanks for your help Phil

thitch2

Hi all I have a new development I did a restore factory defaults and set up everything again. I am starting to think I have an issue with the IMU when I go to test the motors through the the assistant software only one motor works if I swap the leed with another motor it will work in the respective motor port. I have checked the ecu set ups and they are all the same as each other and have tested each motor set up individually and they all work fine. any ideas please Thanks in advance Phil