Equipment storage

what type of storage containers are you guys using to store your gear? For ideally it would have a combo of small spaces and one larger one. I'm leaning toward those cantilever boxes but wanted to here other opinions

Last edited by a moderator:

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
There are some decent fishing tackle boxes that can be had for cheap (comparatively) at Walmart or the like. Many styles to choose from with divided containers and drawers. They make for a good pack for taking to the field.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
what type of storage containers are you guys using to store your gear? For ideally it would have a combo of small spaces and one larger one. I'm leaning toward those cantilever boxes but wanted to here other opinions

what do you mean by cantilever boxes? are you looking for one big case to hold your helicopter, spares, batteries, etc?

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I was definitely not taking into account t the craft and/or charger etc.

I though cantilever boxes were the ones that the trays open up and out when you open the lid???

Old Man

I would not store batteries with anything else I wanted to keep.... Remotes and similar do well in Pelican or similar cases. Treat the stuff like professional equipment instead of like a junk drawer in the garage and things will function as they should a lot longer.

I would not store batteries with anything else I wanted to keep.... Remotes and similar do well in Pelican or similar cases. Treat the stuff like professional equipment instead of like a junk drawer in the garage and things will function as they should a lot longer.

How do you store batteries for transport?

MadMonkey

Bane of G10
How do you store batteries for transport?

For long distances I put them into lipo bags, and then into 40mm ammo cans with lots of vent holes drilled into them. The cans have side handles that allow me to yank them straight out of the back of the car in case something happens.

Not perfect, but I feel fairly safe that way.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I use bags and ammo cases as well. Keep them cool until I get to the field, so no vent holes. The lipo flame will hopefully starve without air.

MadMonkey

Bane of G10
I use bags and ammo cases as well. Keep them cool until I get to the field, so no vent holes. The lipo flame will hopefully starve without air.

I'm more concerned about the lid blowing a hole through my car roof if the gases don't have anywhere to vent
turborunfast_4.gif

MadMonkey

Bane of G10
I figure this things were meant for military ordinances. They should hold pretty well. :)

I honestly dunno man. Take a look at this...

That's just a 3S 1500 with a VENTED can. I just now saw this and now I'm terrified of a 6S 16,000 going up :eek: Look at it bulging when each cell vents...!

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I also just read a post somewhere that mentions putting small vent holes and some type of gauze (used on oil rigs or some such). Prevents the flame from coming out but vents the gasses so it's not so pressurized when you finally open the lid.

Maybe I'll put a couple small holes in mine. I have several. Only 1 has a great deal anyway - and one already has the hole for the charger cables.

Drill away :)