"Elevator Mode"

I am in process of buiding a f550 that will have the Naza M and GPS and am somwhat familiar with its various functions i.e. atti mode, ioc...etc.

I saw one of the videos on the top of the page where he called it elevator mode and I assume it locked the GPS hold to stay hovering in one spot and then touching only the elevation stick he shot it straight up into the sky and right back down to the same spot.

Is this something the Naza with GPS is capable of? I assume it would be as simple as throwing it into GPS mode and then just nailing the throttle so to speak.....but you know what they say about assuming so I figured I would ask. lol

Bowley

I am in process of buiding a f550 that will have the Naza M and GPS and am somwhat familiar with its various functions i.e. atti mode, ioc...etc.

I saw one of the videos on the top of the page where he called it elevator mode and I assume it locked the GPS hold to stay hovering in one spot and then touching only the elevation stick he shot it straight up into the sky and right back down to the same spot.

Is this something the Naza with GPS is capable of? I assume it would be as simple as throwing it into GPS mode and then just nailing the throttle so to speak.....but you know what they say about assuming so I figured I would ask. lol

Never heard of it, I guess so. thats what we call 'pole' mode

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
yes, that is the trick known as "elevator mode" and the NAZA should do it just fine provided the wind isn't too strong.