E800 tuned propulsion system - Can I get away with 4S Lipos

NYDave

Apologies if this is covered in another thread. Please lead me there if it is...

I've been looking for a cost effective package to put on my DIY hex build. I have 4 x 4S 5400 mah Lipos. I've just purchased the E800 tuned propulsion system and two additional 6S 6000 mah Lipos.

The lipo recommendation for the E800 Motor/ESC is 6S.

If I run the 4S Lipos I already have with the E800 system will I damage it or will I just get reduced performance, air time etc? Are the 6S 6000 mah lipos sufficient for this system?

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
That system is rated for 3-6S, so you definitely will not damage anything.

You will however get less thrust. Also, you will likely need different props.

You might be best to plug some numbers into ecalc so you have an idea of whether the 4S will handle your AUW, and what to expect for flight times so you can adjust your timers for safe flights.

Where are you located in NY?

NYDave

Thank you, for you input. Really helpful and very welcome. I'm based in the lower east side. My rig can support props up to 17". The only concern I had with the E800 props was that they were the quick release push fit design. The kit is yet to arrive, I'd be keen to know if the quick release assembly can be removed and a folding prop such as the 17" version that comes with the new E1200 tuned propulsion system might fit instead.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
You really need to check what those motors/ESCs are capable of - in conjunction with your batteries. Do that before you lay out any cash for 17" props.

I'm over in Williamsburg. Just moved back after a couple years away.