dx8 or futb needed?

XPFTP

ok i see to use all the flight stuff on a naza you or looks like you need 2 . 3 postion switchs on your TX ??
is it a must to get them working or can you do it with say a DX6 or 7 ? that only have 1 3postion swtich.

glacier51

Hey:
Before you throw $$ at this you can work everything on the NAZA with 1 3-position switch is you give up one of the IOC functions.

Haven't given much attention to the new NAZA version or the NAZA V1 firmware upgrade, so this relates to a NAZA v1 with 2.+ firmware.

On the 3 position switch, put the flight modes, GPS, ATT and Manual (This will get you compass calibration as well)
On a 2 position switch, put IOC OFF and Home Lock (You give up Course Lock)
On a 2 position switch, put switched failsafe - OFF or ON
If you have a knob, you can put manually adjusted gains on it.

If you're dead set on using Course Lock, but want to retain the above switches, you can always return to the takeoff point in Home Lock and once within the 10m radius of the T/O point, NAZA will revert to Course Lock on its own.

Ron

XPFTP

if i remember . course lock is the setting that when you yaw left or right or forward so on .. nose stays pointed say north but controls work as they do form the control .. no matter how you standing ..

Course lock is when the FC registers the nose orientation at startup, and from then on Forward is that direction regardless of where the nose is pointing. So if you got to a point by simply hold the stick to the right, for example, you know that left stick will bring it back regardless of how much yawning or spinning you did along the way.

Hey:
Before you throw $$ at this you can work everything on the NAZA with 1 3-position switch is you give up one of the IOC functions.

Haven't given much attention to the new NAZA version or the NAZA V1 firmware upgrade, so this relates to a NAZA v1 with 2.+ firmware.

On the 3 position switch, put the flight modes, GPS, ATT and Manual (This will get you compass calibration as well)
On a 2 position switch, put IOC OFF and Home Lock (You give up Course Lock)
On a 2 position switch, put switched failsafe - OFF or ON
If you have a knob, you can put manually adjusted gains on it.

If you're dead set on using Course Lock, but want to retain the above switches, you can always return to the takeoff point in Home Lock and once within the 10m radius of the T/O point, NAZA will revert to Course Lock on its own.

Ron

how do you set this up though? I have a DX6i that I want to be able to use home lock on.

glacier51

>how do you set this up though? I have a DX6i that I want to be able to use home lock on.

OK. I should first ask what receiver you are using. It's best if you have a receiver that can do a pre-set failsafe bind, so if your radio poops on you, the MR will come home, assuming you are using the GPS.

I had a DX6i for a short period of time and flew my DJI F550 with it first before moving to a DX8 - just to get it flying before the DX8 arrived.

Anyway, I can't recall which of the DX6i switches was a 3 position.

For the flight modes, program that switch for: 0=GPS, 1=ATT and 2=MAN, or the reverse. By flipping this switch through GPS to MAN and back a number of times, you get into compass calibration.

For IOC without Course Lock, any other 2 position switch will work: 0=OFF and 1=Home Lock

For a switched failsafe, I use the GEAR switch: 0=OFF, 1=ON( active )

If you have the NAZA GPS, it is imperative you program a pre-set failsafe so if you loose radio contact, the NAZA will bring your MR home if set up properly.

Send me a PM with commercial email address and I'll send you a set up file that I have using the DX8/AR8000 and NAZA on a F550. There might be something useful in it for the DX6i switch programming.

Ron

LeeT

Wannabe AP Dude
I have a older DX7, and the only way I could get switched fail safe to work was by using the gear switch
(using all three mixing functions) and Aux 1 for home lock. None of the Spektrum 6 channel receivers support preset fail safe so RTF won't work if the MR looses Tx signal. I recently built a F450 for a friend using a Futaba 8J. I like it much more than my DX7, and the price is right ($279). If you are looking at a new radio (the 8J has 2 - 3 position switches) check out the Futaba. The down side is they are a pain to set up.