Droidworx ADX-4 HLE

drhswe

Thought I'd share with you some pictures I took during the ongoing building.

Setup
Engines: MK3538
Proppellers: APC 13x6.5
FC: MK V2.1 ME
NC: MK V2.0
GPS: MK GPS V2.1 with GPS-shield 1.1
ESC: MK BL-ctrl V2.0
Batteries: 2 x Turnigy 4S 4000mAh 20C (on the way home 4S 5000mAh 25C)
RX: Frsky FASST-compatible rx (TFRSP)
Extra: XBee Pro

View attachment 799
The contents of the box

View attachment 800
We begin with the landing gear

View attachment 801
The coupling / battery holder between
landing gear and the "frame"

View attachment 802
It begins to take shape,
the manual must be downloaded

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 425
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 438
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 446
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 406
Last edited by a moderator:

Mactadpole

Real excited to see how this copter works out for you! What are you intended uses? Aerial photography or video or both? I have an RC-Carbon X8 that I have tried to use with standard esc's and an i2c-pwm converter and it is very twitchy no matter what amount of tweaking/tuning. Waiting on a distro board with BL-Crtl's to arrive to see if that solves the problem. I am also changing out the carbon motor mount plates with their new aluminum/nicobond plates which seem much stiffer (not as much torsion and flew when applying pressure by hand). What props are you going to use? I am considering going to DW flat octo or there X8 like yours if it doesn't fly better.

Keep us posted on your progress and test flights!

Thanks,

Shawn

drhswe

Real excited to see how this copter works out for you! What are you intended uses? Aerial photography or video or both? I have an RC-Carbon X8 that I have tried to use with standard esc's and an i2c-pwm converter and it is very twitchy no matter what amount of tweaking/tuning. Waiting on a distro board with BL-Crtl's to arrive to see if that solves the problem. I am also changing out the carbon motor mount plates with their new aluminum/nicobond plates which seem much stiffer (not as much torsion and flew when applying pressure by hand). What props are you going to use? I am considering going to DW flat octo or there X8 like yours if it doesn't fly better.

Keep us posted on your progress and test flights!

Thanks,

Shawn

I can reveal that I already have some answers on how it flies. Since it has already been in the air :)
In calm weather, it's stable as a tank, and with the power of a rocket. It flies ok when the wind blows. But there are a lot of tuning left.
My goal is to use it to video.
I use APC 13x6.5.

Mactadpole

That was quick! Glad to hear it flies well but sorry to hear it is yawing in the wind. Hopefully just a matter of tuning.

What FC are you using? and what batteries?

It would be great if you could post the specifics of your setup.

Thanks,

SHawn

drhswe

I will update my first post in this thread with more info.

Done.

And please bear with my spelling. I should have slept a long time ago :)
It's late in Sweden...

drhswe

Attachments

• 63.jpg
    63.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 317
  • 62.jpg
    62.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 373
  • 61.jpg
    61.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 261
  • 60.jpg
    60.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 223
  • 59.jpg
    59.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 240

Mactadpole

Thanks for posting the additional info. Our setups are very similar, I am jealous yours is flying well. But happy for you! My frame is the same motor-to-motor as the ADX-4HL, pretty much the only difference between our setups is the batteries I am using - 2x 4s 6000mah.

Looks great.

Are you using the default MK PID and other settings?

Shawn

drhswe

Thanks for posting the additional info. Our setups are very similar, I am jealous yours is flying well. But happy for you! My frame is the same motor-to-motor as the ADX-4HL, pretty much the only difference between our setups is the batteries I am using - 2x 4s 6000mah.

Looks great.

Are you using the default MK PID and other settings?

Shawn

Yes, so far I'm using the default settings.

Am I right that's a Futaba transmitter? If so, what module and rx are you using?

Is there any transmitter brands other then Futaba ;)

It's a Frsky FASST-compatible rx (TFRSP)

1.1 Compatibility:
FASST 2.4G: Air Systems (7CH Mode/Multi Mode) FrSky TF Modules: TF-8M, TF-14M

1.2 Specifications:
Number of Channels: up to 10 channels (CPPM for CH1~CH9, servo signal for CH5~CH10) With RSSI Output Operating Voltage Range: 3.5V~10V Dimension: 53mm*30mm*11mm Weight: 13.5g

http://www.giantcod.co.uk/frsky-fass...-p-406145.html

Mactadpole

Yes, so far I'm using the default settings.

Is there any transmitter brands other then Futaba ;)

I love mine too!
It's a Frsky FASST-compatible rx (TFRSP)

I thought about this rx a while back. I had a few questions about it but I don't think i ever got a response. I was wondering if you could have the PPM hooked up to the MK FC and then connect something like a camera trigger with a normal servo plug into the channel 9 slot and the normal servo signal would override the PPM signal? I ask because I would like to use channels 1-8 for MK controls, ch. 9 for camera control, and channel 10 for OSD control.

Have you chosen a camera mount? Would be great to see some video when you have a chance.

Thanks,

Shawn

drhswe

When you had this all hooked up were you able to verify that the I2c bus was good in kopter tools without the motors connected? Did it show I2C error?

Thanks,

Shawn

Hi Shawn, it showed no I2C errors!
Then I had been nervous..

The camera mount that I have right now is not made ​​to shoot video with.
Coptersky Jumbo Pro Camera mount (Tilt/Roll) from coptersky.com

Here's is a first try with a Panasonic LX5. I've been using Deshaker.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix8rkSYkpVY

Mactadpole

Now I'm super jealous! That video and your others of it flying on YouTube look great! If the BL's and distro board I have coming don't fix my wobble I know what frame I am ordering!

I'd say that camera mount does a fairly good job with video.

Thanks,

Shawn