Mikrokopter Droidworx AD 8 HLE (First Build)

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Japp do it its better to be on the safe side, but i think you alt issue is also do to something else. Your pretty much sealed up with the dome only part are the holes in the plate that influence the sensor.

Its probably a different sensor back in the days, but this shows how strongly they can be influenced.

haha its like a comedy having your lady do the door work for you :)

they show the shrink tubing nicely on this page !

http://www.mikrokopter.de/ucwiki/Höhensensor?highlight=(höhen)

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
here's a pic from another thread. don't make the foam too tight or use a foam that is too dense. a glob of hot glue under the sensor will keep it from vibrating. vibrating pressure sensors cause the legs to crack and you can crash from that.

pressure sensor pic

go to post #83 and click on the thumbnail pic.

RBlax

Done! Thanks guys.

Okay one more thing I need to clear up... I am trying to setup my altitude hold. I want a toggle switch to turn on and off. I setup one, but it seems to only turn it on and not turn it off... I can not find the value to turn it on and off. I'm comparing how I set it ip for the gps Free / CH / PH. Is this completely different?

Bout to run out and fly it.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
HI RBlax, i am a little confused about your question. Altitude hold can only be turned on or off. Two postions GPS has three position.

For example I have it set to vario mode (in the MK tool). If i switch on Altitude hold and have my gas stick in the neutral position i get a = sign next to the actual height shown on my jeti box. If i give a little gas the = sign will become a + and i now the kopter will rise. Bringing it back again the = sign will appear again so i know he will hold the altitude. Same for descending and - etc.

But the altitude switch is a on off and thats it and the gas stick give me the possibility to actually give the command to hold rise or descend, this is only in Vario mode.

Boris

RBlax

Ok... I'm freaking lucky tonight. I believed that I had everything setup for the vario. I was hovering about 15-20 feet in the air. I toggles the altitude hold (vario) and that joker dropped straight to the ground. I was so pissed but only damage was the left two strut brace bolts holding the landing gear arms together bent. I checked everything out and it's fine. And even finished two batteries before I stopped flying. I was soo lucky.

Apparently I don't get this altitude hold in vario mode. I was told that it would drop around 4 feet the first time around. What the heck man!?

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I dont like it.. I use standard Alt hold. If you are at a fixed position and just want to yaw round to take pics or video you can inadvertently take it out of vario and get the yoyo till it grabs again.

Not sure why it would drop out of the sky though.. something does not sound correct there.. When ever I want to test a function that I cannot do on my test rig I fly it over rally long grass or a wheat field to cushion the landing if it goes belly up..

Dave

RBlax

Sadly, I don't have any long grass around hah. I guess I could wait for the snow!!

How do you activate the standard altitude hold? The guys at Quadrocopter told me vario was the best. After experiencing this I don't know how I'm going to re attempt this....

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
How do you activate the standard altitude hold

I aint on my windows computer at the mo but I think its just in the altitude pane of mk tools.. just uncheck vario and check standard

Dave

PS

where in the biggest state are you? Ive had some wild times there.. Anchorage and Talkitna, now thats one wild west place if ever there was one!

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
I agree with droider, seems like something else is wrong

If your hovering switch on the altitude hold he drops a little sometimes, true. But a 15 to 20 feet drop if the stick is in neutral ( Vario mode ) is not normal. In you MK tool you have a value showing you what the sensor is measuring. Switch the bird on calibrate it ( keep the motors off ) and lift him up maybe even carry him up a hill or slanted field and read of the data in the MK Tool. That if you got a wireless connection between your NAVI and PC were the MK tools is running on.

Boris

RBlax

Well, before I hit the road I did a few tests. I think the foam I used on the sensor was too much. I will test it when I get back... But the altitude wasn't changing with it on... So for it to drop as fast as it did would explain why. We shall see. I'm down in Valdez for the next few days...

RBlax

Okay, I took the insulation off the sensor on the FC... Altitudes looks spot on in the OSD display w/ MK Tools. I took it back out to test and every time I toggle my switch to altitude hold it drops like a rock until I switch it off. Curious as to what this could be... If my OSD is showing the altitude - that's means the sensor is actually pushing data. The data however is not being input for it to maintain the altitude? Any ideas?

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hi RBlax, just that we are on the same page. It dosent just drop one to two meters and than you switch it off. It would drop all the way, if you have it 10 meters of in the air it would drop those 10 ?. A small drop of 1 to 2 meter can be normal.

Can you capture your setting to altitude hold and post ?

Boris

krleas

FPV Freak
Make a printscreen of your altitude hold setting.
If u have everything on default AD8 will swing few meters up and down.

RBlax

If I have it at 30 meters, it would drop to the ground until... I toggle back to manual power to keep it from repeating the last incident. I'm letting it get to around 8 feet off the ground before I step in.

View attachment 763

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 314
Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Do u hear beeps when descending?

Enable you acoustic vario its off.

Rblax are you sure you assigned the right poti ? A two position switch on your remote, on off ? In the screenshot your Poti5 is at 126 or 127 seems to me its a 3 position switch.

Boris