Aeronavics / Droidworx Droiderbuilt SkyJib Lite 4x

crcr

My esc's wont take 6cell. Once I am home for the Chrimbo break I will have more time to concentrate on just getting the finishing touches done. I have just received the boom nacelles for her. I fitted them to my HL ADX3 and have seen a great improvement in feel of the craft. I need to do more tests but ibn comparison to my other ADX3 the oine fitted with the nacelles is a different animal. It will be interesting to se what difference they make to the SJLX4

Dave

Can't wait to see the difference the nacelles make.

Re: 6s, I thought you had the Hobbywing Opto 40amp? Are these the ones you have? as they list 2-6s in the specs http://www.giantshark.co.uk/hobbywing-40amp-opto-brushless-motor-speed-controller-p-402716.html

I'm thinking of getting ESC's that can take 6s and am looking at the above Hobbywing or the 40amp Turnigy Plush - Anyone tried the Plush ESC's with the DJI?

Craig

Last edited by a moderator:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Or was it my motors? Ill check. So far though the results of jumping up to 5 cell are impressive. The HW and TP are the same as far s I know.

Dave

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Nacelles arrived yesterday fitted as soon as I got home, now if we all survive the end of the world on friday I may get to fly her again!

attachment.php

crcr

Lookin good Dave. What are the props you have fitted at the moment?

Can't wait to see what difference the nacelles make.

Craig

crcr

Hey Dave, Just wondering if you can give me the dimension between the motors (centre to centre around circumference), and also the dimension from the motor centre to the edge of the centre plate/cage.

Thanks

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Looks awesome, Dave!

Thanks.. Its almost complete, just a few finishinbg touches on the SkyLine wiring and Video TX and my Emergency beacon and i'm done.. Just need some nice weather now..

I will be doing a overview video when she is fully commissioned.

Dave

crcr

That looks awesome Dave.

Did you notice any difference in flight characteristics and/or flight time after installing the nacelles?

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
That looks awesome Dave.

Did you notice any difference in flight characteristics and/or flight time after installing the nacelles?

I certainly do on the ADX3 with out a shadow of a doubt much smoother in slow moves. Not sure on flight times as I am on all new packs and still have not pushed me or them yet!

As for on the SJLX4 I have not had enough flight time with her yet and I have not fished tuning her. Hopefully over the holidays if the rain stops and the wind drops a tad I get some time in.

I was out yesterday in 20mph plus winds testing them both. I did not have enough time to tune them to that kind of battering but I just wanted to se how the big bird handled the very blustery conditions we had here. Bloody marvellous, I now know I can get the shot if required in those sorts of winds. With some more tuning of the MR and then the Skyline I think she will be a VERY caperble machine and with a flight time that is one of the best I have achieved today with such a 'bigun'

Dave

crcr

Dave,
Do you have any thoughts on trying 6s on the SJLX4 to try and gain more flight time? I am happy to go 5s or 6s, it doesn't really matter. Its just what ever is going to give me more time in the air.
Cheers and Merry Christmas

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
All he very best crcr.

My motors will only do 5 cell so trying 6 aint an option for me. But I don't want to go to bigger ones which means more weight ext. I think the 12 mins I am getting now on new packs is perfectly acceptable.

Dave