Drioder's ADX3

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Here we have it.. it flies. ADX3 with Alt hold, GPS hold, Come home and comfort mode all working... Yippy..:cool: Now I just need a camera mount.. mmm which one I wonder :confused:

Attachments

• ADX3:DX8.jpeg
    ADX3:DX8.jpeg
    32.8 KB · Views: 502

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Grrrrrr

Just when you have finally got your bird up and running you get info that a certain part of the whole system is flawed. I have now grounded my pride and joy as Spektrum had said they do not recomend the DX8 and AR8000 with the MK system... GRRRRRR.:mad: I knew i should have listened to Sandor at Digitech when he advised me to go with the Graupner TX.. Ho hum lesson learned and a shed load of shekels more..

12504fa1.jpg

Ellipz

hi droider, looks nice setup, you trigger NEX5 with gentled i see, no delays ? Do you have more specs of your setup ? These are the AXI's i assume.

What total weight, lipo's and flight time do you have ?

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Off to the Hot Pot Mines are we
:p

Ney Lad, been there, just off to cut some beetroot and get me sen some pickled onions to go with it! :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
hi droider, looks nice setup, you trigger NEX5 with gentled i see, no delays ? Do you have more specs of your setup ? These are the AXI's i assume.

What total weight, lipo's and flight time do you have ?

Ok I aint done a full weight test here but its about 5 1/2 pounds with 2 x 5000amp 2 cell bats with out camera. The flight control is fully tooled up MK with everything including blue tooth and latest firmware. Motors are AXI 2217/20, props Graupner 11x5. Flight time with Nex5 on board is about 12 mins max but I usually set her down at about 10 mins. I have lipo alarm on MK set at 3.3 but I also have a secondary alarm plugged into bat balance plugs set at 3.4. Its LOADS LOUDER than the MK onboard alarm and it flashes like a lighthouse!

I will do a full list with pics at the weekend but for now I need to try and sleep coz my new TX is being delivered tomorrow and its like being a kid again waiting for Santa Claus!

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

Ellipz

hi, so that would be 2.5kg + 360 gr for NEX5 ? What i don't understand tho is why you are using 2S ?

I fly with AHM30/6 (graupner 11x5) and a single 5500/3S 13 mins (alarm on 10.6 = 3.5). 24A on hover.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
At the time there was no stock of reasonably priced 3/4 cell 5000amp battries. I got 4 of the 2 cells for £80! They are overlanders which I also use on my Gaui. I have flown the ADX with all sorts of combinations and still do. I also have a pair of 2400amp 4 cells I use together, as well as 2200amp 3 cells.
I will get some 4 cell 5000amp whent they are availible in the UK at a reasonable price.

I aint checked what amps she is drawing at hover.. I will this weekend

Cabe

Out of curiosity is there anything specific that makes the Spektrum kit incompatible with the MK system?

I would have thought as long as it output "standard" PCM or PPM signals it would be pretty irrelevant which brand you chose.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
This is what has been posted

Horizon Hobby Germany statement (translation from German language):
“With the introduction of DSM X technology with the DX8 and all other Spektrum radios that have been converted to DSM X, the radio reads and verifies the original code of the Spektrum receivers. Only with an original receiver the Spektrum system works flawlessly. The reported problems only occur with so called clone receivers that do not sport a current code … Therefore we state only to use genuine receivers for safety sakes.

On top of that problems with DX 8 satellite receivers and heli stabilising systems are reported … We need to address that not the DX8 is the source of the problem but the heli stabilising systems … We are not responsible for the use of Satellite receivers in such applications and did not gave away licences to use Satellite receivers in such applications. The data protocol between the main receiver and the AR8000 Satellite receiver has changed and it highly likely that the current stabilising systems are not capable to make use of the changed protocol resulting in system failures. Spektrum recommends to use only main receivers as these are developed for the specified applications.”

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Graupner MX22 & JetiBox mini upgrade

Ahhh yeh... Graupner MX22 and Jeti box arrived today.. two hours later I have 12 channels full OSD of everything including BL temps, amps draw, bat condition altitude, distance from home, compass heading, number of satellites amps used and everything else you want to know.... Just the testicals du chen! . And now I can even trigger the camera when I want it via Gentled rather than it start shooting as soon as calabrated.. got fine roll adjustment on AV130 mount... BRILLIANT

Sandor and Digitech really ROCK.. he even mailed me some advice from his barbers chair.. Thats customer service...

Now I just need the wind to bog off and a small shed load of batteries so I can fly all day!!

406f844a.jpg

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Found this super bright white LED flashing light. Its very light and will flash for 16 hours. The RED LED display is the battery alarm. It Is Very Loud. Both these could help locate the MR in the event of a flyaway. The White LED is also very usful for orientation purposes

attachment.php
[/IMG]

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Flying weight

Flying weight with 5000mah 4 cell with Gopro and Nex5

attachment.php
[/IMG]

attachment.php
[/IMG]

attachment.php
[/IMG]

With the Canon 550D its just to heavy

attachment.php
[/IMG]

ovdt

Hi Droider,

Nice setup!

I have one question. Was there a specific reason to go with coaxial setup instead of a hexacopter (six arms) ?

What's the biggest prop size that you can use with your frame? 15" ?

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Droider,

Nice setup!
I have one question. Was there a specific reason to go with coaxial setup instead of a hexacopter (six arms) ?
What's the biggest prop size that you can use with your frame? 15" ?

I went with the ADX3 because of what I want to film.

Like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvAOCJi_eT4

I dont need a super stable platform for video as most of the stuff I want to shoot is fast moving. Also size, a hexa would be just to big to cart around up trails and fly through trees.

I have found this set up to be very stable and for stills its great.

This is the ADX standard lift recomended max flight weight 3kg. BUT I would say 2.5kg for the best flight.

11" props are as big as you can go, maybe 12" but I like the Graupners who dont do a 12"

Current set up
AXI 2217/20
Graupner 11x5 props
Overlander 5000mah / 4cell / 25c
MK 2.1fc
nav/comp/gps
MK BL2

More info here
http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthread.php?436-Flying-Weight-limit-found!

ovdt

Thanks for the great info Droider!

I'll consider ADX3-HL after seeing your setup. But with more powerful motors like AXi 2820/12 or AXi 2826 for lifting 5D Mark II easily.

Very inspiring work, thanks.