Do you know what the GoPro Hero 2 FPV delay is?

mmurfitt

Hey,
I've read in a couple places that using the GoPro Hero 2 as a FPV has a small delay, does anyone know what this is?

I'm hoping it's not too great....:dejection:

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Hey,
I've read in a couple places that using the GoPro Hero 2 as a FPV has a small delay, does anyone know what this is?

I'm hoping it's not too great....:dejection:

I use a GoPro as the pilot cam on two of my FPV multis. If there is any appreciable delay it's nothing to worry about unless you plan on flying around at 40 to 50 mph with a lot of obstacles all the time, then it might make a tiny difference but I doubt it.

Ken

mmurfitt

I use a GoPro as the pilot cam on two of my FPV multis. If there is any appreciable delay it's nothing to worry about unless you plan on flying around at 40 to 50 mph with a lot of obstacles all the time, then it might make a tiny difference but I doubt it.

Ken

LOL, thanks Ken.
This is exactly what I was hoping, nice! :)

kloner

Aerial DP
latency and it's very very small. i see it more in my reaction times watching my movies than when actually flying.

SMP

Speaking of GoPros - Planning to strap GP2s on the front of our builds - You guys using the Wide/Medium or Narrow? Wondering if the narrow does away with some of the horizon bulge issues?

kloner

Aerial DP
1080 medium is the cleanest one. narrow is too tight of a shot, wide is all fisheye looking. the best way though is to put it on a gimble, then most of the fisheye goes away and you can get some wider angles. I like flying low and i like the wider look when the ground goes by.....

heres a few examples
1080p med

these were all filmed in 960 then cropped to 720p. The smooth views were a tilt gimble in a fpv quad, the rougher ride is a wing bouncing around in the wind no gimble, but doesn't have to pitch forward to go like a multi

straight raw 960, i use it cause the fpv bit, without a gimble it shows the top better when i tilt forward
another fisheye city

they just don't do it the best...... theres alot of options coming out soon that i bet take over the GP role. At least give it some competition

EDIT: was just looking the post over and you don't even have to hit play to see fisheye, or not, just looking at the previews

Last edited by a moderator:

SMP

2nd Video down (awesome Vid, nice Flying) is basically the FOV I'm hoping for... (Honestly the ability to fly low and have a sense of how high it actually is without the objects are farther than they actually are GP syndrome).

I'm confused though...are you flying FPV off a Gimbal Mounted GP2?? "The smooth views were a tilt gimble in a fpv quad" or is that a cardcam for FPV with a gimbal GP2 recording?

Thanks for the response!!!

kloner

Aerial DP
2nd down is half this
002%20%281024x524%29_795.jpg

the smoother vids over water are the one on the right. it's a tilt gimble, keeps the horizon flat and no fisheye comes into play
002%20%281024x767%29_795.jpg