DJI Zenmuse gimbal and S800 Spreading Wings preorder

DennyR

Sorry I got that wrong. However in an email from Eric Sun received two days ago he says....."In addition, so far we only supports Sony NEX5n/7 with 16 mm lens." in the last paragraph he then says " We don't have Panasonic GH1 support any more."

So I guess if you want your GH1 gimbal anytime soon I think you may have to wait awhile.
All of these Chinese companies use european staff names as we probably couldn't pronounce their real names. It's nice and friendly. Maybe sometimes the true meaning of what they say gets lost in the translation!

ddmt

Yeah got the same email from Eric as well, I think he meant they won't support GH1 series for the Z15-G version. GH2 is still supported.

vislaw

Given that the GH1 is so similar to the GH2 in terms of weight as well as having basically the same connectors (uses the same shutter trigger etc. etc.) does anybody know what would prevent the GH1 from being supported?

Bigrock

So from my research so far it looks like the stock kit lens (18-55) won't work on this gimbal?
Looks like you have to use the pancake lense?
Is this true?

DJI contacted me to confirm my camera type (Nex 5N), the Zenmuse will be geared for the 'pancake' lens and that it will not operate as it should if I placed a different lens on the camera...I guess due to balancing, etc.. Fortunately I have a 'pancake' lens that I use already so I do not have to go out to make an additional purchase...some people will maybe have to do that. Someone mentioned already on this forum that the small differences between the 'pancake' lens and the stock kit lens is enough for the gimbal not to work as designed ????

Antwnis

And me I got a mail :18-55 stock lens with the Z15, it will not work.* You can use a 16mm lens on the Z15 and there is no delay, or you can use a 24mm lens and it will be around 2 weeks.

Bigrock

Ok thanks for the info. I'm guessing it will take them some time with each lense that is requested to figure out all the code to get it stabilized correct.

Antwnis

beliefs about the stability and full-motion 360 degrees should be is a combination between the parameters Z,X, Y (as in the setup of the wkm aceone) and small and rapid servo...and promotion of sony NEX :)

jes1111

Would one of you guys who are in communication with DJI care to ask them if a filter and a lens hood can be used? ;-)

Jes111, I'm not sure that I can make that happen. I hope I am not being unfair and too harsh in my thinking here but the culture seems to be (certainly from my limited experience) that they will initiate and drive any discussion or dialogue, etc. not someother person. At the moment they sort of recognize that it is their show and their rules...there is no value at all for them in doing anything different at this time.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Antwnis, Not sure what you are getting at, but i guess the preorder numbers. There is no more info out on that. If you ordered the s800 over a vendor than contact the vendor and if over DJi contact them. Most as far as i understood or shipped already. The zenmuse shipment haven't started yet, but soon the z15n will be pushed out.

Boris

Antwnis

Thanks for your answer Boris,(meant preornter number )
I have sent question waiting for an answer,
I did post to see who number received .... to see where I am :)

Antwnis

vislaw

I don't believe the pre-order number will tell you that much because the number itself is likely a code related to factors beyond simply being a consecutive number in line. I paid for my pre-order on March 20th and my S800 was shipped May 16th. My preorder number was PN120311540.

Obviously, I don't have my Zenmuse yet and since I specified the GH2 version I will likely be behind everybody who ordered the Sony one. A local dealer here in San Jose received several S800s this week but I'm not sure when their original order was placed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Antwnis

Hi vislaw!
You are right....
Ι paid for my pre-order 26 April...
Maybe my dealer forgot me ....
Thanks.

Antwnis

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hi JDM66,

i have seen that. But i am positive they are not in stock and if you buy it you will have to wait pretty long before all the preorders are done with.
At the same time i know that they are just doing the parts for the GH2 version. So luckboy docent have it for sure !

Boris