DJI Zenmuse gimbal and S800 Spreading Wings preorder

Topper

Sounds more and more like XAircraft every day. That sucks cause I love my wookong, but it seems this company has taken serious turn for the worse, with scammy offers like that.

total agree. I was ahead to test the WKM - S800 - Z15 combo for some movie companies around me and was already in position to take the risk ordering 3500 USD without a clue if it real give the expected payoff. The Range of clients that use bridge NEX's or GH's is quite smal as most AP/AV professionals start from 5D upwards. I love my NEX on a Multirotor but it cant do all jobs, in not ideal lights its not delivering acceptable results compared with any DSLR. Vignetting especial in video mode still sucks on the NEX's.

I think if that modell of pre-odering prices stay like it is (I bet it will) I will step back and wait until market release. I'm not so concerned about that 360 USD more but about the unlogical modell to have discount per WKM just on frame OR gimbal.

rsun

Mabye this just show us the the Ace One Autopilot as they would use on the gasser movie, works better with that controller and not with the WKM.... :-(

Just a thought......

Topper

Wow what kind of lordy answer from DJI, they should do some trainings for customer relationship or stop contacting their customers direct:

Yes, if I were you, I wish get more discount, but you know, we already gave preorder discount for all products, and you are WKM existing user, we just give
additional discount one time for one product, pls note this is addtional, anyway, this our current policy, you are free to decide.

Based on that arrogant advise from DJI and the given fact that no information ia available how and were to get parts of that frame and no price info on those... (Arms, Motors, ESC or Props if anything breaks during Tests) I stepped back from any pre-ordering. I will wait until market release and the decide if this S800+Z15 combo will deliver any good payoff.

rsun

I know that we have until 10 of april to get the info we need to be in the god part of the preorder time..
But it is like DJI is stuck in giving us some more info and pix.....

To be onest I think i will pass on the S800 and Z15 and go for a Cinestar.... Still going to use the WKM and if they are not coming with some better tests of the Z15 then the last one, i think the Cinestar 360 with picloc is a better way to go....

jetforce

FLY HIGH AND STAY HIGH
I would personally never make a Preorder, what about the rumors which is going around the resellers/distributors, that the DJI people is splitting up.

Would be nice if DJI would make a statement on what is going on !!!

But as always, there customer service are too ignorant !!! They want to be PROS, thy are NOT.

dolby

Needs more bacon!
I pre-ordered the frame with my credit card. If it sucks my credit card company will protect me like they've done in the past. They did a great Job on the WKM so I figure the s800 will be good too. If not I have help to get my money back so there is no risk.

I think what you're seeing is a difference in culture and a bit of language barrier. I see this all the time in my other job. I don't think they mean to come off as arrogant. They may want to hire a US rep in the future to avoid this.

That said it is strange that information has been extremely slow. That's the easiest thing they can do to get more pre-orders. Release more info and media! Show a new video and pictures every day, take 1hr out of the day and do it. We don't need any fancy edited videos either. Let the product sell it self.

Last edited by a moderator:

UAVproducts

Formerly DJIUSA
As soon as we get our S800 and Z15 I will personally post as much information and demos etc.. My videos will be 100% raw, no fancy effects, music and so on.

There is not much I can reply to until I personally have product and so forth. I hope the sooner the better.

I have all the faith in the world in DJI products and their company as a whole. I expect the s800 to be a game changer. The fact that I can break down the frame and put it into a backpack for travel is amazing and what is needed in the multi-rotor industry. Traveling with these is a pain just like Helis. Even the F550 can be an issue when traveling.

That's my rant. :)

rsun

Total Z15 gimbal system weight with Sony NEX 5 is ~1.5 kg, and ~1.7kg with NEX 7.....

Don't know it with the GH2 mounted...

HeinzABF

According to DJI the weight of the S800 and the gimbal are as follows:
------------------------------------------
S800 weigh about 3KG, Zenmuse is around 1.5KG.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
So, if i calculate: 3,00 KG plus Kamera (Sony NEX 7 appr. 0,5 KG) plus Batterie 6S-11000 appr. 0,82 KG, plus Gimbal AV 200 0,59 KG (without pan function) = complete 4,91 KG

That means for me: if you are flying with AV 200 pan in Germany it will probably be possible to get a license for flying. (max. 5 KG)

With the Zenmuse it is almost not possible to get the official license. (max 6 KG)

But, lets wait and see.

mitmit

horizon still fluctuates.. :(
Did not understand what was about Ruling in this vid btw..

rsun

Attachments

• Ruling.jpg
    Ruling.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 299

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Japp I just got weak and I am so nosey I ordered an s800. After selling my hexa but knowing i want one again I started looking around and calculating what a DW or CS frame with motors etc. would cost me and I started thinking, if even the S800 wont be a sensation, I can learn more from it concerning the whole WKM approach and optimum motor prop frame setup they consider, finally knowing what the max is the FC can do. Lets see looking forward to it !

Boris

I went the other way and ordered a Droidworx CX and 2 axis mount. The two versions of the propeller shields for CX will be displayed in three weeks at NAB.

I am sure that the new DJI firmware will make WKm a better performer in the wind. After all the reputation of S800 and Zenxpensive is at stake.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Ah the propeller shields totally forgot about that they are still outstanding, s--- something more to spend cash on :)

I have my doubts red that something dramatically is going to change with the WKM firmware to change the behavior in the wind. I am coming more and more to the conclusion ( mainly from last weekend flying with 6 other copter pilots including FC WKM MK Armokopter and compating them in the wind) that this whole thought that the MK is more steady in the wind because it corrects faster is BS. The MK just approaches and deals with wind impacting differently than the WKM. WKM even if not in GPS but attitude mode harshly auto-levels back to keep position and the MK does it in a more elegant way takes the impact moves and than corrects, which in my eyes is the better approach for getting smooth video. Or lets say it that way MK gives you the options to tune it in way that is forgives the impacting of wind with a smooth movement.

What i am getting at though is if the z15 is really that good and can correct the harsh movements of the flight characteristics of the WKM, than there is not need for them to change anything. The ways they autolevel is also an aspect making gps hold better than with other FC and making it an easier to fly system.

Boris

UAVproducts

Formerly DJIUSA
What i am getting at though is if the z15 is really that good and can correct the harsh movements of the flight characteristics of the WKM, than there is not need for them to change anything. The ways they autolevel is also an aspect making gps hold better than with other FC and making it an easier to fly system.

Boris

Shhhhhh.......you are getting closer. :)

Rock solid hold in position for airframe + Rock solid stabilization regardless of aircraft movement = ?????? :02.47-tranquillity: