DJI Zenmuse gimbal and S800 Spreading Wings preorder

wheeler

thank you robert for the answer !

that sounds very cool ...

ordered and paid mine through main country distributor.

now i hope to get my s800 and my z15 in the next week ... :dejection:

greetings

Tahoe Ed

That would be nice to get it next week, but my guess is that nothing will ship until after NAB. We should be seeing stuff appear toward the end of the month. Just my 2 cents.

DennyR

I think that last video confirms that it works OK. You cannot blame the equipment for the lack of operator skills.

I would not be surprised if that gimbal and S800 motor combination didn't work as well or even better on the smaller 550 frame with better motors.

The best airframe stability that I have ever seen on anything is the latest F1-535 Ultra light for gopro size cameras, it weighs 1.6 kilos complete plus battery and camera. Almost the same weight as the Zenmuse gimbal. Check out the size of this camera mount. It is sub .005 degrees. In other words at least as accurate as the Zenmuse.
View attachment 3857View attachment 3858
Rock steady video is old hat these days. It's all about how small and light you can make it to go with the new camera technology that is coming.

Hauling male jewelry about the sky is just getting too dangerous I feel. Legislation is coming. Weight limit, rotor protection. line of sight operation etc.

Attachments

• F1 Ultralight-1.jpg
    F1 Ultralight-1.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 287
  • Ultra-2.jpg
    Ultra-2.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 329
Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
I must say rock steady video for me is not a old hat. I must confess I am still on the look for it! But maybe it also a question of how one interprets it. A complete flight from take off to landing no edits not stab of coarse no slow downs etc., wind or no wind dosent matter, I have hardly seen any videos out there like that done with a multi.

Either its the bird acting out and passing on movementa the gimbal cant compensate or in general the gimbal doesn't autolevel to anything that i would call perfect.

Boris

DennyR

@Tahoe ed

No link yet available for the F1 series, I have 9 more to build and that is enough for now. I don't have the time to make these things all day long for other people.

Boris just hang on and you will see videos, I do this for a living and that comes first. Test flights as you describe don't earn money and take up computer time. Editing is a large part of all video production. Proof of camera mount performance is done on a test rig with laser pointers. If you want to know what IMU will do the job with a geared servo drive then it is the APM-2.

But first you have to have an airframe devoid of all motor vibrations, thus far I have not seen one outside of the F1 that comes close to what is needed. That motor arm took a lot of development. Thus allowing the camera mount to be moulded into the frame without soft mounts.

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Anyone going to the NAB today ? Please feed us with some pic of the new developments !

Thanks

Boris

wheeler

great ! thank you !

would love to see more from s800 and z15.

ruling is not an option for me due this system is not legal in my country without certification of the aircraft and registration as civil aircraft. :-(

but with the hdmi converter i plan to use a (in my country legal) 5,8ghz system for transmission of the video signal. i plan to use the live-feed only for checking the scene of the camera.
the law allows only rc-aircraft flown with direct eyesight without certification, so i dont need the 'big' fpv thing i think.
what do you guys think about ?

have a nice day out there !

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
love the fact of being able to disconnect the arms on the fly finally mobile with these things.

They also seem to have a new LED module, having to LED giving the status of the bird.

tstrike

pendejo grande
Alright, I got to have a good talk with another gentleman from DJI as well as a one on one with Kimberly from PhotoHigher and a couple of folks from Droidworx. I apologize to Droidworx for referring to them as MK. I'm downloading the footy to my mac now and I've got to cut out a few unnecessary bits and I'll get it posted to utube. Wasn't nearly as crowded this morning and I knew where the booths were so I made good time.