DJI Zenmuse GH4 mounting issue

jurna

Hello, I received Zenmuse GH4 today. But I'm sad (and little bit angry) because looks like the Panasonic GH4 camera does not fit to the gimbal at all. Not enought space to tilt or roll. Also gimbal is totally unbalanced.
What is going on? Or am I miss something? I followed the manual.

Please see my video about this problem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_X_ENU8d-rA

jurna

What? I supposed to pay well balanced expensive pro level gimbal (because I hate AlexMos stuff and balancing..).

Also pan motor isn't as silent as other two motors. It makes some kind of friction noise.

Is tilt motor 360° spinning? Because my tilt motor does not spin 360°.

jurna

This is my "DJI history":

Zenmuse H3-2D = Defective roll motor
Zenmuse H3-3D = Defective pan motor, jello etc.
S1000 = One of the landing gear servo does not work
A2 GPS = Defective
Zenmuse Z15 GH4 = Totally unbalanced

So allmost every DJI product that I own. Bad lucky? Really bad lucky?

baja-king

Here for the ride :)
This is my "DJI history":

Zenmuse H3-2D = Defective roll motor
Zenmuse H3-3D = Defective pan motor, jello etc.
S1000 = One of the landing gear servo does not work
A2 GPS = Defective
Zenmuse Z15 GH4 = Totally unbalanced

So allmost every DJI product that I own. Bad lucky? Really bad lucky?

Send it back and buy a Movi M5 :)

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Just balance it yourself. Lower the bottom plate until it is balanced or lower the rear pole thing. How would you know that the pan motor makes a noise? Did you power it up without the camera on, that's a no no. All gimbals need a bit of balancing. If you are a pro it's a skill you'll need to learn.

jurna

I rotate pan motor by hands. Other two motors are silent.

I will try to balance it. I thought that Zenmuse is well balanced for the specific camera and lens. My Zenmuse is TOTALLY unbalanced. :tennis:

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Oh, that kind of friction noise, hmm, not so good then. I always assume you need to balance stuff, even when they say RTF or pre-balanced. I'd try to balance it myself and see if you can get it to work.

rotorvista

definately shouldn't make any noise. shows dji just using the gh3 zen for the gh4 and "overlooking" the fact the gh4 has a larger eye cup. its an easy fix to rebalance it but if the motor is grinding send it back.

jurna

definately shouldn't make any noise. shows dji just using the gh3 zen for the gh4 and "overlooking" the fact the gh4 has a larger eye cup. its an easy fix to rebalance it but if the motor is grinding send it back.

The sound isn't very loud (you will hear it in silent room), but it makes definetly some kind of friction noise when I move it by hand. Other motors are totally silent.

Please people, are your pan motors totally silent when moving hands?