Dji wkm hitec aurora 9 throttle problems

Hi Guys,

I,m having an issue with my throttle on the Aurora 9 (Hitec), whilst using the wkm setup. Everything seems good but when I power up the motors start to spin well but as I increase the throttle the motors do not increase in speed and throughout the journey from zero throttle to maximum throttle there are definite dead spots in the power. It takes me almost full throttle to just be able to lift a little of the ground.
1) I have calibrated the throttle correctly in the assist software which moves from the very left (no throttle) to the very right (full throttle) perfectly.
2) Brand new controller.

Has anyone encountered this issue ?

Kinda frightening that I can go from zero to full throttle and only just lift off am so worried it,s gonna pop ? (looks rock steady though !!!)

Any suggestions...?

Tks

Matt

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
I made a similar mistake last night where I spun everything up and the motors only slowed down a few seconds after dropping the throttle...I had the gps switch on! Make sure it's in manual mode...

Gunter.

Hi Gunter,

Surely I should get an increase with lift as I increase the throttle ? This does not happen. I can go full throttle and barely get 30 cm off the ground ? And, why must I start in manual mode ? Is that because gps atti, won,t allow me to start and take off ? Do you have to take off in manual mode ?

Matt, is the kit new ? The reason I ask this seemingly annoying question is that although I did not experience the same problems that you have described the problems that I did experience seemed eratic and so reverting back to my electrical engineering background it 'smelled' of set-up procedure issue(s). If this is the case then I would take time out to go through the transmitter/receiver set-up procedures slowly and methodically. The Hitec manual is perhaps not as well best laid-out as it could be and should be. I am still 'finding' out things the hard way even now after 4 months of use and, when checking it out in the manual it 'sort of' makes sense but the manufacturers could have made it an easier read.

Hi David,

wkm is new and so is the hitec aurora 9 (which I am familiar with), soit seems that the only issue I have is a very strange throttle behaviour ?

Matt, I guess then that to add any value to your thinking the forum would need to know a bit more about your craft...eg...is it a quad ? what ESCs are you using ? are they working properly ? (remember just 1 naff ESC behaving irresponsibly can cause all sorts of eratic flight issues, etc., etc..

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
If you haven't done this already, the ESC's probably have to be calibrated. With most of the flight controllers the ESC's still need to be calibrated to your transmitter. I believe it is a matter of plugging each ESC individually into a receiver and using the range of the throttle to tune the ESC to the signal it will receive from your radio system. I'm not sure of the exact process for this but IrisAerials can probably explain it, I'll try to get him to chime in.
Bart

Yeah I had already unplugged everything and then set it up again and hey presto ! I,m flying ! Tks looks to be very good and very stable and smooth......going to be exciting !

Matt

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I wasn't sure how to do this either and was told to do the calibration both ways by different people. In the end I individually plugged each esc into the receiver, not the flight controller. The only other adjustment I made was to set the response to "instant." Most esc's have a soft start or a medium start option. We want response for multis. I think all the other settings are ok default. I am using Maytech 30 amp esc's with the Avroto's from MontoRC.com.

You should have the manual but you calibrate by putting your Tx at full throttle, turning the Tx power on, plug the battery in and you will hear 2 chirps. You then move the throttle all the way down and it will chirp again. thats it.

Last edited by a moderator:

I have now calibrated each individual esc for throttle range and still no difference. Whats interesting is that when i used my dx6i and receiver before it did not do this and was as it should be. Now with the hitec I suppose I have to explore the different setting on my transmitter ?

Matt

Pigsnibble

I have now calibrated each individual esc for throttle range and still no difference. Whats interesting is that when i used my dx6i and receiver before it did not do this and was as it should be. Now with the hitec I suppose I have to explore the different setting on my transmitter ?

Matt

Matt,

I don't have my WKM yet, but I can tell you from other posts on RCGroups on the DJI WKM forum, I asked how the GPS Atti worked.

The reply I got was that the the throttle really needs to be increased considerably to increase height in that mode. Once you decrease the throttle, the gps locks in and holds it a the new height. It was described as a very weird felling.

Not sure if that helps, but might want to prowl those forums, they seem a bit more active.

Goodluck.