Xoar PJN Electric 12x5 props

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Hi everyone,
I've got six sets of Xoar 12x5 PJN electric props on order but delivery is six to eight weeks. Delivery direct to my house is $65 but that's a little steep for me.
Would anyone be interested in buying props and we'll split the delivery?
I'm in the process of trying to find out how many props can be crammed into a $65 shipment.
These props are a bit more slender and light weight than the PJA props we bought a couple of months ago.
Thanks,
Bart

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Hi Bart, I would take you up on the offer but I have just found a local dealer (about 5 miles away from me!) that does JXF props (apparently JXF and Xoar are the same people??)

Are these something similar to what you are getting? http://www.4-max.co.uk/jxf-props.htm

Cheers, Gunter.

Bartman

Those are probably the same thing Gunter but you need both rotations, left and right, and they appear to only stock RH rotation.
Bart

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Those are probably the same thing Gunter but you need both rotations, left and right, and they appear to only stock RH rotation.
Bart

That just dawned on me a few minutes ago when I was browsing their site...I'd look a bit of a fool with all RH props fitted, wondering why it didn't fly properly! I'll call and ask him tomorrow if he does both.

Thanks, Gunter.

FlyEYE

Is the price expected to be around 18$ per set as before, plus any adjustment for shipping to you and us?

Bartman

price is $30.50 per set (that's what they're charging me) plus shipping to NJ, USA ($65 divided by however many people there are in on it) plus shipping to you.
I'll find out in a couple of days how many props we can get shipped from China for $65.
How did the other Xoar props work for you?

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
These props are a bit more slender and light weight than the PJA props we bought a couple of months ago.

And your thoughts on why these may be better?

I did not use mine in the end and sold them on to Boris as I found out I will need 13" on my new ADX3HL..

Dave

FlyEYE

How did the other Xoar props work for you?

I didn't have a chance to really try them out, the craft they were going on had some issues, bad ESCs I think (liked the way they sounded, and felt there was no way they were going to break at the base mid air like others). I'll be completing a build using them this week (10" xoar). I'm on the fence on the 12" Xoars as I won't be needing them till the new year, likely I'm going to wait to hear back from your experiences on these new ones.

Bartman

Dave,
The 12" PJA props seem to be built a bit more stout than the 10" PJA and I don't think I'm working them very hard anyway so I'm willing to try the PJN props. The PJN props are built for electric motors and are a bit more slender through the hub.
My original MK Okto with the smaller motors was pretty heavily loaded so I was happy to use the 10" PJA glow engine props for the extra strength.
Bart