DJI S800 Evo FPV Setup

Can someone please help me get this installed properly. Here is my situation:

I own a S800 Evo, WooKong M and Z15 Zenmuse gimbal - Sony Nex7. Futaba T8FG (pilot) and 7C (camera). I want to use FatShark Attitude v2 goggles for FPV with Immersion 600mw transmitter and DJI iOSD mini. I am lost how to set this up. If anyone can please help me I will forever be thankful.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast

I own a S800 Evo, WooKong M and Z15 Zenmuse gimbal - Sony Nex7. Futaba T8FG (pilot) and 7C (camera). I want to use FatShark Attitude v2 goggles for FPV with Immersion 600mw transmitter and DJI iOSD mini. I am lost how to set this up. If anyone can please help me I will forever be thankful.

how far have you gotten so far? I'm in the process of mapping out an FPV rig for use with multiple MRs - so it gets a little complicated, but I've bookmarked some good info to get me started.

Is the 7C a dedicated FPV camera? If so, what voltage does it operate at? Are you trying to run it off the flight batteries?

deluge2

I would think the '7C' the OP's referring to is a Futaba 7C transmitter. It appears that it is being used (or is planned to be used) to control the Z15 gimbal, hence the '7C (camera)'.

Steve

how far have you gotten so far? I'm in the process of mapping out an FPV rig for use with multiple MRs - so it gets a little complicated, but I've bookmarked some good info to get me started.

Is the 7C a dedicated FPV camera? If so, what voltage does it operate at? Are you trying to run it off the flight batteries?

deluge2

Have you reviewed the corresponding manuals for connection advice? You'll want to have the latest DJI manuals downloaded for the Z15, the iOSD (mini or Mk II), and the Immersion VTx. If you haven't purchased the iOSD mini, or maybe even if you have, you might want to consider using the iOSD Mk II unit instead. It's a little larger, heavier, and more expensive. But it has some advantages, including data logging. Since you've got several thousand dollars worth of goodies in flight, it might be wise for peace of mind and troubleshooting to have the logging capability. In the context of your total package, the difference in size, weight, and cost would seem insignificant in comparison to the added functionality of the iOSD Mark II.

Since you going with multiple vendors, the setup is a little more complicated than if all DJI components were being used, but you need to study the various output and inputs from the Z15 (camera video output), the iOSD (camera video+iOSD output), to the VTx (input) on the air end. Are you up for custom cable assembly with multiple solder joints? If not, you may want to consider a single vendor set-up. You'll also have to make some decisions regarding how to power your VTx hardware. Take a look at all that & then post more specific questions/concerns/etc.

Steve

Have you reviewed the corresponding manuals for connection advice? You'll want to have the latest DJI manuals downloaded for the Z15, the iOSD (mini or Mk II), and the Immersion VTx. If you haven't purchased the iOSD mini, or maybe even if you have, you might want to consider using the iOSD Mk II unit instead. It's a little larger, heavier, and more expensive. But it has some advantages, including data logging. Since you've got several thousand dollars worth of goodies in flight, it might be wise for peace of mind and troubleshooting to have the logging capability. In the context of your total package, the difference in size, weight, and cost would seem insignificant in comparison to the added functionality of the iOSD Mark II.

Since you going with multiple vendors, the setup is a little more complicated than if all DJI components were being used, but you need to study the various output and inputs from the Z15 (camera video output), the iOSD (camera video+iOSD output), to the VTx (input) on the air end. Are you up for custom cable assembly with multiple solder joints? If not, you may want to consider a single vendor set-up. You'll also have to make some decisions regarding how to power your VTx hardware. Take a look at all that & then post more specific questions/concerns/etc.

Steve

Thank you, so after consideration, I decided to do with all DJI AVL58 TX/RX and use a 7in monitor and ditch Fatshark/Immersion. The monitor I have is a Boscam Dual 5.8ghz built in receiver. I will still use the iosd Mini for now.

Now I am confused where I will connect the 8pin from the TX I assume it goes somewhere in the Z15, I have the RX side complete.