DJI Released New Firmware 5.24 for WKM

DJI released Firmware 5.24, Assistant Software 2.02 & Quick Start Guide 1.04 for WooKong-M.

What’s new?

Firmware

• Fix the problem that Go-Home switch cannot be successfully triggered sometimes.
  • Add alternative Yellow and Green LED to indicate Abnormal Compass Data. The autopilot system will enter into ATTI Mode automatically (ATTI and Manual Mode is free form influence.), and regain the original control mode once data is back to normal.
  • Flight Functions are restricted within the radius of 15Km from Tiananmen Square in Beijing, China.
  • Fix the problem of slight vibration caused by heavy-load aircraft during violence flight.
  • Add function of Motor Test.
  • Change the LED Indicators of IOC, Direction recording is green blinking, POI is cyan blinking and Home point is purple blinking.
  • Add a new LED Indicator for recordedHome Point. When control mode is not Manual, and the satellites number MC has searched is more than 6, LED Indicator will blink 6 purple flashes regularly if the distance between the aircraft and recorded Home point is less than 8m.No blinks if the distance is beyond 8m or the control mode is Manual.
  • Fix the function of Mapping (GIS) Aerial Auxiliary in DJI Ground Station.

Click here for more information, thanks!

Kilby

Jesus, could they make the LED's any more complicated to understand? I bet that all those different colors will get very confusing in a bright field while flying. The auto switch to atti mode if they lose sats is nice, but the rest has me a bit scared of what DJI is doing with their firmware.

Didn't they lose a bunch of their software engineers? This sounds like the work of the B squad.

Gimbal

Funny with the Tiananmen Square... but at least we now what they're on to not like USA lol

LED indication for distance to home-point is great! Seems like you guys never use POI and/or home-lock

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Come on then. Who is going to be the first to test the water?

Who is going bravely go where no man has and update to this new release? Thousands of mistrusting S800/WKM are waiting for the green light before ... you know what.

ZAxis

So you can now video the Chinese authorities suppressing anyone unless the protestor is standing in front of a tank holding a shopping bag !!!! Tibet, here I come !

Seriously ... if the motor test function is the same as the MK one so that you can run individual motors, its something that I've been waiting for. It is so useful for checking balance, bearings, etc.
But I'm not man enough to risk all to check that out.

andy

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Funny ... not !!

So this is the point DJI has reached. Their customer base doesn't trust them at all to do the job properly. I too am content to stay with what I know and live with 5.22's warts until this 5.24 upstart has been proven - because it at least gets the job done at the moment.

Over to you Lanzar, Krleas et all etc.

VINHEX

O so tempting but no thanks... My unit has been out for a month waiting for motors.. However I've been one of the lucky ones that I've updated the firmware as soon as it comes out.. Not this time weather is too nice and I really need to fly..

Time will tell :)

ChrisViperM

Nobody here with balls of steel....?????

griffins-balls-of-steel.jpg

Chris

VINHEX

If mine runs tonight on 5.22 with no issues ill push up but with new motors and config just adding to the equation if goes pete tong lol. May the firmware be with you

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
If mine runs tonight on 5.22 with no issues ill push up but with new motors and config just adding to the equation if goes pete tong lol. May the firmware be with you

Aye Up VINHEX.. firstly welcome to MRF.. secondly I am not sure the world at large will understand "if it all goes Pete Tong" But I do.. crackin! ;-)

Dave

eyeball

I loaded the latest firmware on my XM X4 last night but as its a new build and not flown yet and cant see it being maidened till possibly mid next week I guess I have time to hear from other brave souls on here. I like the motor test facility, it works quite nicely and is good for double checking motor directions on new builds as I know personally someone who could have benefitted from this a while back....

Dewster

DJI released Firmware 5.24, Assistant Software 2.02 & Quick Start Guide 1.04 for WooKong-M.

What’s new?

Firmware

• Fix the problem that Go-Home switch cannot be successfully triggered sometimes.
  • Add alternative Yellow and Green LED to indicate Abnormal Compass Data. The autopilot system will enter into ATTI Mode automatically (ATTI and Manual Mode is free form influence.), and regain the original control mode once data is back to normal.
  • Flight Functions are restricted within the radius of 15Km from Tiananmen Square in Beijing, China.
  • Fix the problem of slight vibration caused by heavy-load aircraft during violence flight.
  • Add function of Motor Test.
  • Change the LED Indicators of IOC, Direction recording is green blinking, POI is cyan blinking and Home point is purple blinking.
  • Add a new LED Indicator for recordedHome Point. When control mode is not Manual, and the satellites number MC has searched is more than 6, LED Indicator will blink 6 purple flashes regularly if the distance between the aircraft and recorded Home point is less than 8m.No blinks if the distance is beyond 8m or the control mode is Manual.
  • Fix the function of Mapping (GIS) Aerial Auxiliary in DJI Ground Station.

Click here for more information, thanks!

wow.. The third bulletin may be a start for flight controllers everywhere. If you look at aeronautical maps or search the web, you'll find no fly zones. I imagine that the very near future will bring software restrictions on flight controllers that will keep these craft from entering declared no fly zones. Manufacturer geo fencing to ensure compliance with airspace restrictions.