DJI released iOSD Mark II new firmware V3.0!

DJI released iOSD Mark II new firmware V3.0, Assistant Software V4.0 and User Manual V2.08!

What’s new?

Firmware:
1.Support for the A2 Flight Controller firmware V2.1 or above.
2.Support for the Phantom 2 main controller firmware V1.08 or above.
3.Added the Azimuth angle display to help users locate the aircraft.
4.Added the current battery level percentage display when connecting to Phantom 2.

Assistant Software:
1.Optimized for Win8 compatibility when using the iOSD device in Data View mode.

User Manual:
1.Add the Azimuth angle description.
2.Add the current battery level percentage description when connecting to Phantom 2.

Please click here for more information.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
I like the Azimuth Angle bit. Just read about it in the manual. Quite clever depending on how accurate the compass is in detecting north.

Hello everyone!

I have the DJI A2 FC and iOSD Mark II and with a successful recording of the home point, I have never been able to get the distance from home point to show the actual distance data. It just shows the "D" icon. Also, the direction to Home Point Marker also doesn't work, the marker icon just stays in the middle of the screen the entire flight. So, I upgraded to the new firmwares on all the DJI FC and components and Mark II and still no distance from home point, again it still only displays the icon. Also the new Az (Azimuth Angle) feature doesn't show any data just like the Distance doesn't. I tried DJI Support, but no dice. Anyone else having the same problems?

Tahoe Ed

Hello everyone!

I have the DJI A2 FC and iOSD Mark II and with a successful recording of the home point, I have never been able to get the distance from home point to show the actual distance data. It just shows the "D" icon. Also, the direction to Home Point Marker also doesn't work, the marker icon just stays in the middle of the screen the entire flight. So, I upgraded to the new firmwares on all the DJI FC and components and Mark II and still no distance from home point, again it still only displays the icon. Also the new Az (Azimuth Angle) feature doesn't show any data just like the Distance doesn't. I tried DJI Support, but no dice. Anyone else having the same problems?

taylorddavis yes I am having the same problem.

Can both of you send some photos of what you are seeing? Thank you.

Maverick

Hello everyone!

Hi Taylor,

Did you actually take off and fly, after you updated the iOSD's FW, or just test it on the ground...? I had a similar issue with mine on a WK-M, but it came good after a FW update, followed by a take-off...

Read post #12 here : http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthread.php?12958-Is-My-iOSD-MKii-Faulty/page2

Mav.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tahoe Ed

Good point. I never think that many of the posts are bench testing. After flying things change.

This is a pic of what doesn't work while inflight with the home point successfully recorded. The pic attached was taken in my house on the ground as it is too late and cold to go fly :)View attachment 15434

Attachments

• iOSD MarkII Issues.jpg
    iOSD MarkII Issues.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 269

@Maverick

Yes I flew it today to test after updating all the new firmwares with a recorded home point and 10+ satellites.