Dji Phantom for rent on ebay...

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Does the word "hire" mean rent over there? Haven't heard it used that way before. If so, I think it is just a matter of time before someone did it. Oh well, the world is doomed anyways, why not expedite it a bit?

Bowley

They would have to be careful, it would be them in hot water if they are hiring these without making their customers aware of the legal requirements and the standing regulations, giving the benefit of the doubt I assume they would be. However if not they would be exposing themselves to the actions of whoever hires it, whatever their experience. Reckon they would have a pretty comprehensive disclaimer in the rental agreement.

Come to think about, that may not be stricty true since they can be sold without such information, whatever...Its disaster on hire...just hope nobody flies one into their kids face or such like.
I guess I must be really dumb that I couldn't master a quad in a 'couple of hours' though

Last edited by a moderator:

gadgetkeith

likes gadgets
seriously who is gonna rent one £299 per week £500 deposit you may as well just go buy one

and as said in the add that dont include the camera thats extra £50 per day

if you wright it off you loose ya deposit but get to keep the wreck as a keep sake

the end is here well on fleabay now

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Anyone want to rent one my professional grade octos? $100/day, $10k non-refundable deposit. No experience required! FAA approved to fly below 400'.

andrewrob

Sent a question probing about the legal side of things and he said he's unsure so I'd need to check that out myself.
So at least he's not saying that its all find just to go and do it.
Although the other side to that is I had to ask in the first place whereas it should be made clear in the auction that if the hire is for financial gain its not possible.

Also I'm not aware of any insurance companies that would provide public liability cover to an unlicensed user flying a multirotor they don't even own.

Is it against ebay policy to auction a rental anyway?