DJI OSD - Can-bus HUB arrived

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Got the OSD today and the Can-bus Hub.

Gonna hook it up and upload a video to see what it can do.

View attachment 6809

Boris

Attachments

• photoosdt.jpg
    photoosdt.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 343

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Think Naza is just a question of the FW update. They mentioned it will work with the Naza !

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
actually have to look at that don't get it at the moment :)

Boris

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
I does have three ! Don't really know why they sent me the Can-bus hub. I guess if I ever get into the situation of using the 2.4ghz data link and the zenmuse than you need it !

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
stragen one thought the OSD give out the full battery voltage over the AV out, direct from the zenmuse it was reduce to 12V hmmm. Guess that the way it should be !

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
so were am i going to get my 12v for the immersion VTX from, which i got from the GCU before. Just use the 12v from the GCU again direct it to the VTX and connect GND and Video to the OSD and than to the VTX again. Aren't I'm creating a GND loop there ?

Really don't want to install an extra BEC

Boris

kloner

Aerial DP
immersion vtx don't need regulated power..... if you are, you want it 7v

I showed a picture of a wk i got here and everybody with wk's were like whats that? is the hub new to wk?

I'm half tempted to get one of these and wire it for a naza. I already whacked into my gps cable anyways, whats another new end on it.......

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
plingboot I will think about it ! just got another 50 way points licenses for another bird and not sure yet if i will use 2.4 or 900 mhz. If I go for the 900 mhz things will work out and you can have it !

You guys see and GND loop risk here ?

View attachment 6811

thanks

Attachments

• OSDDJI.jpg
    OSDDJI.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 290

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
immersion vtx don't need regulated power..... if you are, you want it 7v

I showed a picture of a wk i got here and everybody with wk's were like whats that? is the hub new to wk?

I'm half tempted to get one of these and wire it for a naza. I already whacked into my gps cable anyways, whats another new end on it.......

hmm mine needs it for sure between 6 - 16 v can't give it the full 6s on the s800 to lets say it like that the 6s which comes out of the AVout from the DJI OSD

View attachment 6812

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 204

Digitech

i connect the output for the zenmuse directly to the osd.
the osd has again a BEC for the video tx.
so there you connect your 600mw to and voila ! all working.
also i dont get the problems you had with the 12V output (zen) to the immercion , i connect them directly without any issues.
i build at least 25 customer rtf like this.
if i am not mistaking the Zenmuse has a BEC for at least 1 amp
the immersion uses about 600 mah on 12 volts.
maybe the TX is bad?

kloner

Aerial DP
ah, yea you gotta do something then. Those pull .5-.7 amp

don't see a ground loop

I've always found that ground has to go in and out of the osd to the vtx,,,, if anything that's the part that just wont let it transmit from no ground,,,,,,

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
the 11,2v is for AVin ! If you look at the back of the the OSD you will see that the AVout + and - is marked as BATT - and BATT + thus full 6s, or use a mutimeter you will see ! No prob to use the AVin Voltage out, taking care to not loop anything ! But before that i prefer to take the 12v coming from the GCU to tell the truth !

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
seems like its for their components. VTX DJI take 6s and might even be that DJI is bringing out a FPV CAM.

For the S800 no problem little work around I hope, but for small FPV birds having to use extra BEC again, where you can have it all in one with a TBS core hmmm.

View attachment 6816

Attachments

• videoimport.jpg
    videoimport.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 224