DJI needs to get their SH*T Together!!!!

Bella7821

Here's my 2nd crash from a DJI prop breaking and the minor crash broke my NAZA. Since it was recorded, DJI gave me a new NAZA.
http://youtu.be/We12v-McC4Y

Here's the first crash.
http://youtu.be/Nww9-BDEdjY

I've learned not use DJI props.
I went to Mexico a month ago with my new DJI F450 and new designed DJI props and thought everything was fixed.
NOPE, it crashed but luckily in the sand.
All three of my crashes were at about 15 flights or so on the DJI props, so for me that's how long they last.
I use all my leftover NEW DJI props as paint stir sticks.

DesJardins

Just fitted my Graupners & yup needs a spacer or the M6 nylon lock nuts so that clearance isn't an issue.
Back to the DJI props "lightly tightened" for the low mild flying LOS for now

:shrug:

Still pro

So since the crash and me starting this thread, I began the rebuild. I was so pissed when I started this thread but now decided to take the time to do a full dye job on the arms before rebuilding her. I noticed that the new motors on my 550 that I just crashed from these stupid props are different from my older 450. They are a tad taller and they have a red circular plate that sits between the motor and arm. What did that change and if they decided to make those changes WHY NOT UPGRADE THE PROPS....JEEZ>

Attachments

• Arms.jpg
    Arms.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 203

gencode

I have one in a lake from stock prop failure, its in Tampa FL you can have free if you can find it, it has NAZA-M and fatshark camera, all I want is my gopro back :-O

New one is Graupner as everyone suggested with a washer for a spacer.

highflyer

You are right, mine did the same. Though mine broke just 12" in the air! So I replaced my 10" DJI with 9"Graupners, but the blades spin once the bolts are tightened down! Can I add the small red discs that come with the F550 to the top of the motor before I put the graupners on?

Thanks

Yes, mid 80's here. When the same thing happened on my 450 it was low 80's. I don't think it is temp related. They seem to break at the same place leaving about a 1/4 left extending from the hub.

gencode

Actually I used 5/16, which I think is 8.255 mm .255 mm difference.
But I ordered these anyhow so next time I remove them ill put them on.