DJI NAZA V2 with Turnigy 9x Transmitter - PROBLEMS & PROBLEMS

dan123

I am building my first quad and cannot get any further. I am completely stuck and cannot find any answers online. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED as it is driving me insane and I have been going around in circles for months.

First of all I will let you know the set up ;

- F450 quad with DJI Naza v2
- Sunnysky X2212 motor's
- Afro 30A ESC's
- Turnigy 9x 9 channel Transmitter
- Turnigy 9x8c v2 Receiver

I have checked all the components and they all work separately. I have connected all the kit up but for the life of me cannot get the Naza v2 software to work the the Turnigy 9x transmitter.

I have connected the Turnigy 9x8c v2 receiver to the DJI NAZA V2 module using the following wiring diagram.

Once I power up the quad I get the usual system start and self check as shown below. It then changes to a continuous orange flash (transmitter (TX) signal lost enter the Failsafe).

and shows the following message on the the DJI Assistant software

View attachment 25086

I know the transmitter and receiver, motors and ESC's all work 100% as I have tried them with a cc3d board instead of the NAZA V2 and it works fine. I have contacted the supplier where I bought the NAZA V2 from and they have checked the NAZA v2 (at cost) to ensure it is working.

Any help what so ever would greatly be appreciated to get this to work with the Turnigy transmitter and receiver.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• upload_2015-6-19_20-31-55.png
    upload_2015-6-19_20-31-55.png
    32.8 KB · Views: 855

dan123

I haven't been able to complete the transmitter calibration in the Naza assistant as it does not pick up a signal. I have selected PPM in the receiver type but this does not show up a receiver and shows the error message once again.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I'm assuming the Rx is showing it's bound?

Do the lights on the Naza assistant show correct connection (Blue & green with one blinking)?

Have you followed the Turnigy/Naza instructions to get the correct stocks reversed?

Just a few more ideas....

dan123

Thank you for your replies. The blue and green light is showing on the Naza Assistant. I have now set it up with Tradition instead of PPM and have managed to calibrate the Command stick calibration A, E, T & R. Next problem! For some reason the U channel is not working? Any suggestions? Thanks Again.

AndyPG

No problem.
Tradition is the correct setting in Naza, regardless that your radio is PPM.
As for the U channel, you need to configure your transmitter to enable it.
There are loads of guides on youtube showing you how to configure a channel to the 3 position switch on the 9x so you can switch between flight modes. There is then a bit of tuning to do to get the curser positions in exactly the right place in Assistant.
The procedure is too lengthy to discuss here so check out youtube.

Once you've seen what to do, drop me a line if you need any pointers.

Andy

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
here's a video i did that explains setting up the three position switch for NAZA. you'll learn how to use end point adjustments and sub-trim to make the NAZA do what you want it to do. end-point-adjustment and sub-trim may have different names in your radio but you should be able to figure it out based on the info in the video

three position switch discussion starts around 9:30 in the video

please subscribe if you like what you've learned!

Last edited by a moderator:

dan123

Success! I now have a working U channel. Next issue! The list goes on! I cannot get the 3 position to line up to the correct field e.g manual, gps and atti. I have followed the video above but still cannot get it to match. Has any one else had the same issue with the Turnigy 9x transmitter?

Thanks for your responses.

dan123

Just so you know, I have set up the Turnigy controller with the following settings as per a video on youtube. All works apart from lining up the U channel 3 position switch with the manual, gps and atti fields.

Go to the AUX-CH menu and set CH6 to "PIT TRIM'
The Pitch Trim dial will be the "basis" for the mix, leave it at FULL, turned all the way clock wise.
2. Go to PROG-MIX menu and enter MIX 1, then enter the following settings
STATE ACT
MASTER FLP
SLAVE AUX (The first one)
OFFSET -100
UPRATE -100
DNRATE -100
SW NOR
3. Go in to MIX 2 and enter the following settings
STATE ACT
MASTER FLP
SLAVE AUX
OFFSET 000
UPRATE 100
DNRATE 100
SW ID2

Any help would be appreciated.

AndyPG

Dan,
Your transmitter has no issues, you just need to learn how to use the menus and settings.
We all had to go through this.
Have a look on youtube mate, there's loads of tips and guides to help you figure it.
It's quite difficult to write about.

Andy.

dan123

Andy thanks again for your replies / links. I did see this video myself but this uses the Turnigy 9x in heli mode? Most comments and links / setups I have seen have said to use acro mode? Does this effect anything? Thanks

AndyPG

Hi Dan,
I use the 9x in heli mode like the vid.
It releases the pitch hold menus that are needed.
Heli mode is the one to use on the 9x.
Other TX's may be best on fixed wing mode.
Other than a few parameter options like pitch hold, they are the same.

Andy.

jbrumberg

I recently upgraded FC's from a KK2.0 version 1.6 to a NAZA M-Lite with GPS/Compass. I have a Flysky TH9X(B).

I set my Tx up in heli mode for the same reasons as Andy, and I agree that the video/link that Andy provided is one of the better ones for a 9X. There are many, many training videos available on the internet for the 9X.

Setting up the Tx takes some time and patience to get it working correctly. I am still tweaking my settings, but my build flies pretty well.

Good Luck

JB

PS: Bart I watched your video. It is very well put together and you explain things really well............ This Winter was a "challenge" for many in the NE CONUS.

dan123

Andy, i have followed the video you sent me, thanks. I now have a working U channel and can switch between manual,gps and atti.

The next issue is the thing wont fly!!!!!

I have set it all up all controllers and everything work just fine.

When i turn it on i get the system start and self check lights as usual.

In atti mode after the system start i get 2 red flashes, pause, 2 red flashes, pause, 2 red flashes and this continues.

In GPS mode after the system start i get 1 green flash with 3 red flashes which suggests it isnt picking up enough of a signal? I have tried this outdoors and indoors with the same results.

The motors do not respond to joyskick movement and i am guessing this is due to the flashing lights and a automatic safety mode as it shows in the Naza Assistant that they are working.

Any help once again is appriciated.

AndyPG

Right, sounds like we're getting there.
Are you following the arming sequence with the tx sticks as discussed in the Naza manual?

Andy.

AndyPG

Dan,
Before you leap forward from here you need to read and and digest that Naza manual.
You need to understand all those flashes and what to do when in trouble.
GPS mode looks ok. One green and three reds means its looking for satellites but has less than 5 at present.
You just need to give it more time to find more satellites.
Sometimes can take a minute or so depending on how many are around.
The Atti blink sequence looks like you are between modes so that might need some fine adjustment of the pitch hold settings in your tx while plugged into assistant.
Don't take the youtube figures as exact. You might need to further adjust the 3 pitch hold settings to get the curser exactly centre in the Atti band in Assistant.
PM me your mobi and I'll talk you through it.
You're nearly there but will take thousands of words to type it.

One last thing Dan, calibrate the compass. Its important.

Andy.