DJI iOSD Released Software

hover.ch

I guess "we three" had iOSD V1 devices and yesterday upgarding to 1.06 (1.08 resp.) didn't work. DJI obviously fixed things meanwhile and now it does work at least for me / for us.

Digitech

yes it seems it works on all versions
just tested the V1 and V2.
still there is a bug in the assisant , as soon you reboot it will prompt you to update again.

VINHEX

Had the same issue.. Updated and then kept on trying to update again.. EVENTUALLY! settled down and worked.. Must admit the OSD looks much better when moved in closer..

Had the same issue.. Updated and then kept on trying to update again.. EVENTUALLY! settled down and worked.. Must admit the OSD looks much better when moved in closer..

yes I have seen the bug that means you have to update twice before it seems to take, but glad to say it finally works (Mk2)

I have the 'mark I' (original) iOSD, and new firmware brings it to the iOSD Mk II level. I've seen a teardown of both the I & II models, If I remember correctly, only difference is a slightly larger internal SD card I think, oh, and a bit of extra shielding here & there..Looks a bit more 'pro' or 'finished' even!
I've just seen the latest release dated 1st Feb, v1.08. I'm hoping this is the one I'm waiting for (3 months or more), as it states 'Improve the compatibility with the viddeo signal'.
Here's hoping anyhow. I'll be burning some rubber to get back home to try it out I can tell you. :highly_amused::highly_amused:

Last edited by a moderator:

gtranquilla

RadioActive
BTW - How do I determine whether my iOSD is the original or Mark II?
I bought it new between December and Jan 2013 when there was a Christmas sale on this item.

Just wondering if you can upgrade the MARK-I to MARK-II with the firmware v1.06....

Chris

DJI would be the best people to clarify this, but I know the MK II model has 'MKII' written on the case. I know however in manufacturing, it's not always that cut & dried, as they may have released some MKII's in original cases? I suppose ultimately it doesn't really matter, as long as it works ok, the firmware can always be updated to MKII anyhow (as mine is).
Andy

P.S still won't accept video input from my two board camera's though. I've ordered a 'Pixim Seawolf' from Security2000 people. Life is never simple?:upset:

Last edited by a moderator:

snurre

Anybody with hands-on experience of firmware upgrade 1.08 on the original iOSD - especially with regards to the new data logging feature?
Very interested in your observations regarding general system stability / reliability after a fair amount of flights?
All observations / opinions would be of interest.
Thanks / Tomas