DJI iOSD Released Software

VINHEX

Mine kept on saying no firmware updates, but when I tried to use functions kept saying updates required. Pull the battery and put back on again while software is running.. I think i did this and it come up with message..

Not sure what you meant Digi mine is a mark 1 and it updated? Unless I'm missing something?

Can anyone check that the Mark 1 and Mark 2 don't work in NTSC, and get an overlay lockup, it's happening to me and others, but having another person check would be great. (you will need a SAO adapter if you have a mk1 because Mk1 don't work with NTSC cameras)

thanks
fb

hover.ch

Same problem as peterd and zeng:
My iOSD shows 0.xx beta firmware, for which there seems to be no upgrade available but the assistent nevertheless wants me to upgrade first ...
I'm probably one of the unlucky V1 guys (I bought my iOSD less than 2 months ago).

VINHEX

I got the same on mine but can't remember what sequence I did, think I left software open disconnected the battery and the connected while open and it wanted to update.

Vin
DJI F550, DJI WKM, DJI DataLink 2.4Ghz, 3s 3300, 3s 5000, Aeroxcraft Landing Gear, Graupner 10x5 e-Props, Spektrum DX8, AR8000 Receiver
TM1000, Fatshark Attitude SD, Sony Exview Had II CCD 650 Line Sony Effio-E
Fatshark Spironet Antenna's, Bank balance 0.00
DJI iOSD

hover.ch

Yes, but maybe one of the MK I V2 devices?

I simply can't understand why DJI doesn't clearly inform us about the 3 different iOSD versions on the market (V1, V2, MK II) and the upgrade possibilities for each model.
They even have a "Frequently Asked Questions" section for each of their product. Why not using it?

zeng

Guys, those unlucky with the first attempt to upgrade, try again. I just got a reply from DJI that it should work now. Just did a successful upgrade!

zeng

Nothing. Yesterday I had the same situation as shown in the video. Today it worked. Try again, should work now.

hover.ch

Sounds like magic. Maybe (yesterday) it actually did some kind of upgrade into a intermediate version from where there is an official upgarde path (you took today)...
I'll give it a try, thanks a lot for the news.

ChrisViperM

It's pretty simple....once they are aware that their stuff is not working, they quickly fix it (if possibel) and tell you "Now it's working....." No other info at all.....
DJI always tries hard to improve their product and iron out bugs, but they WILL NEVER ADMIT that there is a problem and that they are working on a solution (what they actually do...) nor will they give you any background information....

In Chinese culture (and most other Asian countries) to admit having made a mistake is a sign of weakness and would mean loosing face.....that's the worst thing which can happen over there. And believe me, this won't change, regardless if we understand this kind of thing or not.....

Chris

OSD update , a new firmware was released today by DJI today that fixes the OSD overlay in ntsc so it now works! 1.08 is the new version as opposed to yesterdays 1.06