DJI has released its Zenmuse Z15-GH4 (HD) 3-axis HD gimbal stabilization system

The DJI Zenmuse Z15-GH4 (HD) gimbal, an upgraded version of the popular Zenmuse Z15-GH3, represents a breakthrough in Zenmuse precision, offering a control range of just ±0.01°. When used with a DJI professional aerial system, your Panasonic GH4/GH3 remains stable and under control even in strong winds and during intense maneuvers.

Each Zenmuse is guaranteed to deliver nothing short of the best in camera control and stabilization. The Zenmuse Z15-GH4 (HD) is built specifically for the the Panasonic GH4 and GH3, so either camera fits perfectly in the gimbal. The Panasonic GH4 is known for its digital film quality images and small body, making it ideal for aerial cinematography and photography. The Zenmuse Z15-GH4 (HD) gimbal connects with your GH4 through a standard HDMI cable, but if you are using a Panasonic GH3 with the gimbal, please use the included GH3 HDMI cable.

z15_gh4_hd_1.jpg

z15_gh4_hd_12.jpg

Functions:
Three Working Modes
*Orientation-locked control
*Non orientation-locked control
*FPV mode (Reset)
Built-in independent IMU module
DJI gimbal special servos drive module
HDMI-HD/AV module
Wireless video transmission supported
Camera shutter control supported
Wide range voltage input supported
S-Bus/PPM Receiver supported

Please click here for more information.

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
The real surprise will be if it works properly out of the box and doesn't need to wait for the nth firmware update!

Tahoe Ed

Great news, shame Ive ordered the Ribbon and convertor from spain...so is this imminent?

It will be soon. The GH4 gimbal will be a HD gimbal meaning that the HD signal comes through the slip rings and is available to download via the Lightbridge. I set up one last month and assisted another tester set his up. So far, they are happy. I will let you know if they have any issues. Note that the GH4 ships with the HDMI cables for both the GH4 and the GH3. Some assembly required.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Surprise indeed ... but a nice one. I always did maintain that the camera mounts are DJI's best products. The airframes are a great concept but still largely rubbish.

ZAxis

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Unfortunately yes. The Ronin is a departure from this practice and will not require being hooked to an FC.

dazzab

Looks quite slick. I'm so sick of messing around with gimbals and Alexmos boards I might consider it. Anyone know the price? I'm assuming around $5k?

Davidhippo

Last edited by a moderator:

taoahler

Hi everybody,
It seems that there is no HDMI output from the gimbal which means that it will not be possible to connect enything else than the Lightbrigde to its HD output.
Can this realy be true? I was hoping to connect an external PRORES recorder between the gimbal and the lightbridge.
Do any of you know of a way to work around this?
Thanx in advance,
Tao

Mike Fortin

More and more I'm thinking that the Ronin is the way to go vs the Gh4 Zenmuse. The fact that you are still almost forced to use the 12mm Olympus kinda sucks. We've taken the bracket off of the Gh3 zenmuse to allow use of the 14-42 but it's a major PITA and the cam is left hanging with only one bottom bolt and no support up top.

The other issue with the Zenmuse is that you are almost forced to use the Lightbridge instead of anything else.

Any thoughts or comments?

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
More and more I'm thinking that the Ronin is the way to go...

At 4kg the Ronin introduces a significant weight aspect and it is quite tall. Most of the time this will mean a whole new airframe.

Not sure why you think the Zen limits you to the Lightbridge for video monitoring. Regular old analog composite video works well enough if you do not have to supply a live HD feed.