DJI + Futaba 6308SBT Telemetry failure

octofan

Today i got my new telemetry-box from Futaba. If i connect the external power cable for measuring the accu voltage, the sbus signal between receiver and wookong (also naza) is broken.
Has anyone an idea?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kilby

I heard a new firmware release came today. You think they addressed it already? I haven't looked at the update list myself.

-Terry

DaveM

No it does not mention SBus 2 protocol

Looks quite an interesting receiver, it says
"Any existing FASST system can be converted to telemetry operation at any time by using an R6308SBT 2.4 GHz FASST telemetry receiver."

http://www.modellhobby.de/Electroni...=&a=article&ProdNr=011F1002&t=9&c=8468&p=8468

They are also selling it with an Futaba 8FGs, so I .presume that there will be a firmware upgrade sometime soon, as
I can see no menus anywhere for telemetry in my 8FGs. Unless I need something else to go with it.

Wi-Fi box for smartphones listed as well

http://www.modellhobby.de/Electroni...=&a=article&ProdNr=011F1667&t=9&c=8469&p=8469

Dave

sdspecy

Hey guys!

I'm also experiencing S-BUS connection loss when running R6308SBT in "normal mode" (the only mode under which external sensors can be used), hooked up to Naza-M.
I get X2-ERR in NAZA assistance SW.
On the other hand, RX is doin just fine in "high speed" mode (again, in this mode external sensors can't be used, just internal voltage sensor operates!).
Strangely enough, the old R6208SB I also have works flawlessly in "normal mode" also!!! So, what's going one here with Futaba?!
I've bought complete "telemetry" pack (R6308 + T-BOX) just because of these advertised features, now I found out that the very latest and so much advertised S-BUS2 is underdeveloped:
1 - NOT backward compatible to S-BUS ....ok, could live with that, IF they wouldn't obviously messed up the following:
2 - if used together with complete telemetry (reason of purchase for major number of customers!), RX has to work in "normal mode", where S-BUS doesn't work at all!

And yes, it's not problem with only my RX; the one from a friend does exactly the same thing!!!

Regards,
D

Kari

Is anyone using 6308SBT S.Bus with naza without problems? I have weird twitchy movements if used with s.bus with 6308. I also have 6208SB, 6203SB and FrSky S-bus receivers and they all work great. I can see twitchy stick movements in assistant software as a lacking movements and today i tested it in air and the movements are twitchy in real life too. I have to try next how it works with YS controllers?

Kari

sdspecy

Is anyone using 6308SBT S.Bus with naza without problems? I have weird twitchy movements if used with s.bus with 6308. I also have 6208SB, 6203SB and FrSky S-bus receivers and they all work great. I can see twitchy stick movements in assistant software as a lacking movements and today i tested it in air and the movements are twitchy in real life too. I have to try next how it works with YS controllers?

Kari

Still waiting for Futaba to give explanation on the matter.
But as it looks the R6308SBT is complete failure!!! :mad:

ChrisViperM

Just to make sure we speak about the same thing:

The Futaba R6308SBT has one S-Bus (ch 8) and one S-Bus2 connection in the front, one connector for voltage sensor in the back.

http://www.robbe.de/empf-r6308sbt-fasst-telemetrie.html?___store=en&___from_store=de

Wookong/Naza get connected via S-Bus (Ch 8), never to S-Bus2...
All telemetry sensors get connected via a Hub to S-Bus2, and voltage sensor ( via cable F1001100 ) get connected to the voltage port on the R6308SBT.

S-Bus is a mono-directional protocol: Data gets only sent from the Transmitter to the Receiver
S-Bus2 is a bi-directional protocol and is used for telemetry sensors.

PS: The R6308SBT can be updated to a R7008SB

Chris

sdspecy

The Futaba R6308SBT has one S-Bus (ch 8) and one S-Bus2 connection in the front, one connector for voltage sensor in the back.

http://www.robbe.de/empf-r6308sbt-fasst-telemetrie.html?___store=en&___from_store=de

All telemetry sensors get connected via a Hub to S-Bus2, and voltage sensor ( via cable F1001100 ) get connected to the voltage port on the R6308SBT.

S-Bus is a mono-directional protocol: Data gets only sent from the Transmitter to the Receiver

Chris

And how does all this (nothing new though) relate to my/our issue?!

tppeng

Hi sdspecy,

I don't know if your 6308SBT is the same as my 7008SB (physically looks the same). As 7008SB doesn't have the option to go to HS mode.

My connection was done with power leads to the internal voltage sensor, WKM/Naza to SBUS and GPS sensor to SBUS2.

With the recent firmware update from DJI you may opt to connect WKM/Naza to SBUS2 port but I doubt the usefulness because that port is also use to connect various sensors. (Unless if you use a hub)

Andi

S-Bus mono-directional is based on the original Modbus communication protocol which is referred to as Master-Slave. RC transmitter = Master, RC receiver = slave.
Modbus+ and later developed com protocols was developed to get past the Master-Slave constraints, i.e., bi-directional communication which was not an easy transition.

Chris

ChrisViperM

And how does all this (nothing new though) relate to my/our issue?!

Sorry, wrong thred....had a similar thread somewhere else.

BTW: After going through your thread, I did a search in some German forums about the R6308SBT, and there is also all sorts of problems with this receiver. Interesting is this note:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11159612/anchors_11159612/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#11159612

At the moment it looks like the whole Futaba/Telemetrie stuff is a big mess. I use a Futaba T18MZ together with a R7008SB and it works perfectly....the R6308SBT can be flashed to a R7008SB, but then it only works together with the T18MZ....and it looks like this are the only two receivers from Futaba which are Telemetry-able.

In case you need the Robbe web-page: http://www.robbe.de/service.html ....you can switch to English

Chris

sdspecy

Hi sdspecy,

I don't know if your 6308SBT is the same as my 7008SB (physically looks the same). As 7008SB doesn't have the option to go to HS mode.

My connection was done with power leads to the internal voltage sensor, WKM/Naza to SBUS and GPS sensor to SBUS2.

With the recent firmware update from DJI you may opt to connect WKM/Naza to SBUS2 port but I doubt the usefulness because that port is also use to connect various sensors. (Unless if you use a hub)

Andi

Thanks for your (possibly useful) advice; as for the Temp sensor, it has an "extender" on its own so I could try this scenario.
But I still want to know what will DJI's answer/solution sounds like.

sdspecy

Hi sdspecy,

Andi

Hi there,
Robbe has replied back with quite an disappointing answer;
"
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Hello..,[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif] [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Futaba has told us, there’s nothing changed. For this: you had switched channel 8 to S-Bus (please test this with a servo on channel 8)? Maybe the time for initializing is longer so please first initialize your receiver and after this connect your DGI to the receiver.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Tahoma,sans-serif]mit freundlichen Grüßen / with best regards[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Tahoma,sans-serif]Carsten Druleib[/FONT][/FONT]

"
.. as if this could help me much ...and in fact it doesn't help anyway :(
(of course servos work on CH8, if it's set to CH8 instead to SBUS!)

Andi, are you referring to "@Naza Firmware* v2.02 ? This one I already have on my NAZA ...in fact, SBUS2 works against the NAZA (X2 port), but AGAIN only in HS mode!!! :pPP
Damn, I'm getting out of ideas... the last resort would be to test both RX-es (SBUS outputs) on oscilloscope/logic analyzer and test, if there really aren't some differences in the communication signals... but I question myself why shoul I bother with this...

I'm getting quite disappointed by such level of support from Futaba/Robbe :( I would expect that I would be treated more seriously...

Regards,
Dave

sdspecy

Almost forgot about this thread... just if anyone else is about to rely on information given here before his purchase, I must say my problem was solved with recent DJI (NAZA-M) firmware upgrades! That means whole telemetry features (internal voltages & SBUS2 connected units) and SBUS (DJI link) protocol operate simultaneously from upgrade on!
And that confirms there actually was a functional drawback ..or better said a compatibility issue between the two.
I've lost quite some time and nerves on the topic...

Best wishes!
David

Robertstoj

Still waiting for Futaba to give explanation on the matter.
But as it looks the R6308SBT is complete failure!!! :mad:

Hi new to the forum. I have the R6308SBT on my F550 with Naza 2 with GPS. I'm also using the Robbe Futaba Telemetry module on my T8FG. I too had serious glitches arms dropping and ended up with the hexa flipping over and dropping on the ground. Fortunately no damage. I ended up moving the Rx to a point farthest away from the GPS and Naza. So far (touch wood) I've had glitch free flights.
I'm about to try the same setup with my Tarot T810 with the Rx located on the landing gear.

Try moving the Rx remembering that the module is transmitting unknown power and at unknown frequency. My suspicion is that it's causing interference.

Forgot to mention I have the voltage sensor plugged in and am using SBUS2 port on the Rx

good luck!