DJI Flysways

Idahobell

Banned
I am fairly new to DJI products and been reading about flyaways. Is this something very common with DJI Naza-M V2? Is with DJI or mostly operator error?

kloner

Aerial DP
it is equipment failure related..... bad bearing in a motor, blade balance out of whack, broken pcb inside the naza unit from crashing. The problem is people start with naza so it takes a beating and theres millions of them.

If you do everything perfect it'll behave, but man, that's a long list. takes some getting used to the craft in general and how to maintain them.... I've ran naza since they came out, lots of em

rilot

Flyaways do happen but I think they are a lot rarer than people make out.
The thing is, when one happens to a pilot the first thing they do is go "TO THE INTERNETS!" and moan about it.
Now think about all the people who have an uneventful flight. They don't immediately go online and say "I didn't have a flyaway today".

There are of course a lot that can be attributed to pilot error.

epic4me

True, most flyaway are pilot error,, never had a n issue with naza neither Wookong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are going to get a lot of mixed answers but take Kloner, Ben, and OneStop RC's advice as they are avid users and forum frequenters. I ahve had for two years as well with no problems

Idahobell

Banned
I just purchased the Futaba 8fg transmitter to replace the DJI DT7 just as an added precaution. Read that the Futaba has longer range and less interference issues due to the FASST system.

kloner

Aerial DP
yes it does..... the dji system wasn't even spektrum hoping, it was acting like a video tx and stuck on one channel.... fasst changes the channel your on a few times a second,,,, it covers a broad range of channels.... fasst is known to be one of the best ways of doing it.... but is proprietary so rx's are expensive

Idahobell

Banned
Got my Futaba 8fgs and receiver installed and it is working great. Only issue is it doesn't have spring center stick so I need to get used to it.

deluge2

If you do a little searching you can find descriptions of a couple of small parts that are available from Futaba/Hobbico that will add sprung self-centering to the throttle axis. About a month ago I filled out an online Futaba support email form requesting specific costs and part numbers for these parts for the t14SG(H). AFAIK, they never replied. Then last week I received a package from Hobbico. Curious, I opened it to find the conversion parts inside. As other have reported, no charge for parts or shipping. I would have been happy to pay for both, but I'm not complaining!

Here's a link, you may want to try calling if you're in a hurry...
http://www.futaba-rc.com/techsupport/index.html

Steve

Got my Futaba 8fgs and receiver installed and it is working great. Only issue is it doesn't have spring center stick so I need to get used to it.

Idahobell

Banned
I emailed Futaba/Hobbico yesterday inquiring about the center spring and they just emailed me today saying the parts will ship out tomorrow. Very good customer service and only one day response. Happy with Futaba.