DJI F550 Setup tips please...

powerplay

Hi,

tomorrow i will get my DJI F550 Hexa(478 g)

I will install a 450 g, camera-mount, a 350 g cam and a wookong M System (150g). I´ll get the ARF Set with motors and 30A Esc´s.
At the moment i have 3S, 2700 m/ah lipos (220 gramm).
What do you think, can i fly with the 3S, 2700 m/ah? (If, i think not more than 5 minutes?)

Next week i will change my lipos. I bought diamond 4S, 4000 m/ah (491 gramm).
The total weight: 1.919 g.

What do you think - are my (I just bought one) 4S, 4000 a good choice for this configuration?

Thank you very much for helping..

regards...

Tahoe Ed

I am flying my F550 with 4S 4000mAh and 8" props. When you make the change from 3S to 4S also make sure you move from 10" props to 8" props. If you don't, you risk a flyaway. You also need to change the battery options in Assistant.

powerplay

What do you mean with "flyaway"? DJI wrote me in a Email, with 1980g an 4S 4000 10´are the best way, 8´are to small!
"Personally I don't think 8' props will provide enough power to lift up the payload."

Mhhh...??

kloner

Aerial DP
I've done a ton of logging, flying, trying. the stock 10's and the apc 10x4.7 log 35-38 amp max fpr all 4 motors. They were the fastest most powerful size i tried, the graupners 10x5 are smoother, draw 32 amp and have noticeably less power

The 4s makes this thing fun

Tomstoy2

The trick is to get it to hover at mid throttle position. If 3s and 10" props hovers at mid stick, then it's possible that 4s and 10" will hover below mid stick. You and the WKM don't want that.
It's a matter of trying out and seeing what works for your configuration.