DJI F550 - Monitor stopped picking up signal from the Heli

Coops

Hi there,

I bought a DJI F550 Flamewheel a couple of months ago as a Ready-to-Fly package with a monitor.
It has been working perfectly until a few days ago it all of a sudden stopped receiving the video feed.

I've not crashed it, and have checked that all the wires are connected. The transmitter and receiver are on the same channel.
Everything seems to be working fine other than the monitor saying no signal. .

The system I have is a DJI 5.8GHz Video Downlink System

I'm rather inexperienced with Multi-Copters and may be overlooking something?

Thanks for any help or suggestions!?

Coops

Rainman

What camera are you using?

How does it connect to your video tranmistter?

Are you able to test the output from the camera by directly plugging it into a monitor or some other recording source.?

Do you have an OSD in between the camera and the transmitter?

Can you isolate the OSD and remove it from the video circuit?

Does your monitor work correctly, and can you plug something else into it to verify that it works?

Can you plug the receiver into an alternative display or recording source and test that?

You've not provided anything like enough information for anyone to stand a good chance of helping you diagnose the problem, so can you please be more thorough by providing details of everything you've got. It maybe that whoever supplied your turnkey solution hasn't provided you with all the details and if I was you I'd probably be more inclined to go straight back to where you bought it.

FlyGirl

What camera are you using?

How does it connect to your video tranmistter?

Are you able to test the output from the camera by directly plugging it into a monitor or some other recording source.?

Do you have an OSD in between the camera and the transmitter?

Can you isolate the OSD and remove it from the video circuit?

Does your monitor work correctly, and can you plug something else into it to verify that it works?

Can you plug the receiver into an alternative display or recording source and test that?

You've not provided anything like enough information for anyone to stand a good chance of helping you diagnose the problem, so can you please be more thorough by providing details of everything you've got. It maybe that whoever supplied your turnkey solution hasn't provided you with all the details and if I was you I'd probably be more inclined to go straight back to where you bought it.

Let me just pop in a quick note since I work in IT and hardware repair. If a monitor is displaying "no signal" it means it is seeing nothing coming from the receiver at the monitors video input. I would a) suspect no power to the receiver, b) no video output from the receiver, or finally c) a bad connection between the receiver and the monitor. Is there a light on the receiver to indicate it is powered on? As Rainman suggests, can you plug the monitor into a different video source to see if it works? Do you have a spare cable (receiver to monitor) to replace the current one? That's where I would start....

R6Media

It really could be a lot of things but I'll share my experience with the DJI 5.8ghz downlink setup, maybe it will lead you to something.

Out of the blue one day i noticed that my cloverleaf antenna on TX was really floppy. Antenna was securely attached but the short threaded portion was wiggling around a lot even though my signal was still there.... until i got it in the air 20 feet from me then it was nothing.
I disassembled the TX and of course the plug had broken free from its solder points inside the TX. It's a very very fine circuit. I couldn't solder it back cleanly. Somewhere the antenna must have taken a good whack and broken it loose. Funny that it still works fine on the ground though.
Anyway, it's possible your internal antenna connection(s) are loose somehow. Totally a guess. That's all I've got. Be gentle with your gear.
Good luck Coops