DJI F450 tilts backwards on takeoff

deluge2

Well knowing which is the 'right direction' here is a little difficult. However the pics show that the forward arrow on the NAZA is pointing directly between the two red arms which should be the front of the craft. So the FC orientation appears to be correct.

Still lot's of possibilities that can't be assessed via pics and video, like which motor outputs go to which motors & etc. Not sure I fully buy the discussion of ESC to motor wiring. Yes it's all DJI and matching the colors should be sufficient, but then something's clearly wrong. Or is it? WHat version of FW is being used? There have been reports of trouble taking off based on DJIs more recent throttle control algorithms that don't really apply thrust until >50% throttle. A downside of this behavior wa that folks used to gradually raising throttle to lighten the craft had problems taking off after the change in behavior.

Have to agree that some of the primary solder joints look problematic. They may not be causing problems now, but they should be re-done to avoid future problems.

Steve

Maybe so, but it does not stop anyone from attaching the bullet connectors in the wrong places on the ESC, swapping two bullet connectors will make the motors turn in different directions.... So I am leaning towards the FC is facing the wrong direction.

charlie1981

Hello guys, I have the same problem and I cannot figure out why is flipping to backwards as after I finished the setup and tried it for the first flight it was really flying well, then I landed and takoff again about two times more and then when I landed and takeoff again it starts this problem of flipping backwards, then I went to try it for the second flight and it still the same thing flipping backwards and I got everything in good working order... I tried takeoff on gps but its really scaring me lol because when you get 50% throttle the motors will start spinning very fast and then it flips... is it matter of pulling up the throttle stick slowly?

babryan

It's almost certain that the front motors are spinning in the same direction. Have you done a spin test to determine the true spin direction? The arrows on the motors do not necessarily mean that they will spin in that direction. See the link below that offers a nice demo for checking the actual spin direction. Once you find the motor spinning in the wrong direction, just swap any two of the bullet connections on the ESC, which will change the direction that motor spins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qUvT3daJSo

wordupmag

Hello guys, I have the same problem and I cannot figure out why is flipping to backwards as after I finished the setup and tried it for the first flight it was really flying well, then I landed and takoff again about two times more and then when I landed and takeoff again it starts this problem of flipping backwards, then I went to try it for the second flight and it still the same thing flipping backwards and I got everything in good working order... I tried takeoff on gps but its really scaring me lol because when you get 50% throttle the motors will start spinning very fast and then it flips... is it matter of pulling up the throttle stick slowly?

Did you fix the problem? It has to be Naza or Solder joints related because you just had a successful flight prior to the problems.