DJI F-450 Arms. I Have A Question

genesc

Does someone make Carbon Fiber Flat Replacement Arms for the DJI F-450?

Thank You

Gene

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
the stock arms are pretty bad.... they flex like crazy,,,, that's not beneficial for handling or efficiency

these have the same dji frame mount as the 450-550, aerial mob arms.... the new v.2 version coming out this month have full registration to make building them out super easy... can trim the tubes down to any size as well. they come big enough for 15" props.... any motor 16x16mm to 25x25mm

20140208184132-5968f037-la.jpg

genesc

Being new to all this Kloner, and the fact that the stock arms are very flexible is a concern. Not that is a bad thing for a beginner but I would think the
arms would not hold up so well on a medium type crash. I was hoping there would be CF arms that were flat, not tubes replacements. Have not found any
as of yet. Yes I have seen the style you are showing me in the picture but it looks like a whole lot of money and allot of work to change over.
Will be looking forward to seeing your take on the new arms you speak of.
Thank You
Gene

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
the latest kit is a bolt on replacement,,, has spare parts so if you did crash you just get a motor mount, inner frame mount, tube, etc.

I believe the kits today are $119 for all four, the next kits in a month are under a hundred, have hardware to also coax, or to bail the landing gear all together. replacement part cost is super low,,, this kit in particular breaks away saving the frame similar to how the dji ones do, they just have zero rotational twist, no horizonatal or vertical flex..... can run stock motors on up to 45-50 minute flight worth of motor and flight pack for a minimal investment as these things go.

the arms are our kit so take my word for what it's worth, the v.2 kits will be at tbs first, then our webshop a couple weeks later.

http://team-blacksheep.com/products/prod:aerial_mob_extension

those are still the v1.5 and there a good kit, it just doesn't have the registration in the tubes to make them bolt and play without messing with motor angles.....

I'm personally flying a set of the pre production v.2 and am stoked there finaly a perfect kit....

kloner

Aerial DP
btw, any crash that'd jepordize any arm you would prefer the arm breaks than the pcb it's bolted to..... that leads to fires, problems, etc. trying to say our arms don't stop the breaking from inexperience.... but they do make it fly better, longer, faster and in way more control