Need Help! DJI E310 tuned propulsion and Naza m lite problem

unf0rg0tt3n

Hi All,

Since a while ago I built my own drone but it got some problems... After a long while I figured it all out and now everything is working.. except flying the thing.

Two days ago I began working on my drone again and went back to my design table. Made a 3D print for my drone so now the body is fully 3D printed, hooked up everything again and fired it up.
Everything working again except the fact that the thing wont fly because it got like over a bazilion more %%% of power to One rotor.

I got the DJI E310 tuned propulsion system (Quad) and DJI naza M-Lite.
Everything hooked up by manual.
Drone gave response to my input with remote, but kept giving 200% power to one rotor.

Electrical power output is what it has to be on each seperate ESC, and used a multimeter to confirm.

Please help me, I'm on the brink of throwing the drone into the garbage.

ChrisRL

You have to calibrate the throttle settings of each ESC BEFORE you connect it to the Flight Controller.
Different ESC designs and firmware call for different measures, but basically each batch of ESCs made is slightly different from every other batch, and quite often a bunch of ESCs in the same batch will be different again from the factory.

There are several YouTube videos on this topic, but basically they all share a similar procedure:

you rig up your ESC with a motor, a receiver, a UBEC (if yours is an opto ESC), and a battery.

(The transmitter you're going to be using also has to be bound to the receiver first.)

You set your transmitter from quad/aircraft/heli whatever to ACRO.

Then you turn your transmitter on first, with the throttle at 100% (not at 0%, which is the usual setting. If you're not on ACRO, then your transmitter won't allow a bind with the receiver until you're at 0% throttle - so if your transmitter bleeps at you instead of connecting with your receiver, you know your transmitter model needs setting to ACRO).

Then plug in your ESC/motor combo into your battery and verify that your receiver is bound. Your ESC should give its usual startup bleeps and then bleep once (or several times, depending on design) to signify it's in calibration mode.

Then you go to 0% throttle (full down) and your ESC should bleep several times again to signify it now knows where your transmitter's 0% and 100% settings are.

Now you unplug the power off your receiver, turn off your transmitter.

Then with throttle at zero percent (full down), re-start your transmitter.
Re-plug in your ESC/motor. It should give the usual startup bleep sequence, but no extra bleeps.
Confirm your throttle operates the motor like it should. You can trim it later on, but this is just to make sure the ESC and motor generally behave like they should. Off at zero throttle, full motor at full throttle.

That's, it, you're done. Continue with all the rest of the motors/ESCs and when they're all done, THEN connect them to the flight controller and then the entire rig to your Naza assistant or similar.

HTH, YMMV etc.
Chris

ChrisRL

BTW the ESC controls the motor NOT with analog power (detectable with a multimeter in volts), but with PWM digital signals that pulse from 1000ms (throttle down) to 2000ms (throttle up) approximately.
So you'd need an oscilloscope to measure if the ESC is working properly (not an AVO meter), and also an inductance meter that's pretty sensitive, (not an ohmmeter), to measure the coils in the motors themselves. These are three-phase AC motors that are digitally controlled. They just look like the DC stepper motors of the old days. They're not.

unf0rg0tt3n

BTW the ESC controls the motor NOT with analog power (detectable with a multimeter in volts), but with PWM digital signals that pulse from 1000ms (throttle down) to 2000ms (throttle up) approximately.
So you'd need an oscilloscope to measure if the ESC is working properly (not an AVO meter), and also an inductance meter that's pretty sensitive, (not an ohmmeter), to measure the coils in the motors themselves. These are three-phase AC motors that are digitally controlled. They just look like the DC stepper motors of the old days. They're not.
Hi, Thanks for your reply.
fixed it 3 weeks ago, with help of DJI..
Nothing was wrong with the transmitter, all the rotors went in the same direction and the compass was off.

Had to change the values for channel 6 so I could switch between ATTI and GPS.
Calibration went okay, so after that it was just switching motor cables in the ESC and done.
Didn't flew with it but it works now.