DJI Contest voting is now OPEN!!

Which of the entries are your FIVE favorites? You can pick up to five video entries

• Juz

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Plingboot

Votes: 14 19.2%
  • Mbsteed

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • Combatxe2 - entry 1

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • Combatxe2 - entry 2

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Plingboot - entry 2

Votes: 9 12.3%
  • Nettraptor

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • Gunter

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Artvscommerce

Votes: 23 31.5%
  • Tahoe light - entry 1

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • Jake Bullitt

Votes: 9 12.3%
  • DennyR

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • IrisAerial

Votes: 30 41.1%
  • Tahoe light - entry 2

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • Supergumby

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Emowillcox

Votes: 39 53.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Iris,
As with the last contest, the voting gets us the top five entries (more specifically, "vote-getters" so multiple entries from one person can't dominate the top five positions) and from them we randomly pick a winner. This is meant to encourage as much participation as possible. If we didn't do this then a lot of the beginners would feel so disadvantaged that they wouldn't bother to enter and the contests would be much fun.
I believe in this contest I've stuck pretty closely with the original post which was fairly descriptive in how the contest would be run.

In other words, you're still in it!!

Thanks,
Bart

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I didnt know we could do multiple entries. Oh well. But I'd still be willing to buy it off the winner if they already have one.

Hey Bart, can you post the original rules for the contest on the first entry in this forum? I am all about the creative entries and this is definitely not a complaint. I just think some viewers may come to vote and not even know what the goals of the videos were suppose to be. I am half way through the videos, there are some very entertaining ones and I love the creativity. Not too many actually flying the task, but actual flight videos are a bit less entertaining as we can see. This did turn into a bit of an editing war rather than a creative flying skills exercise.

Bartman

Good idea Ed, I've copied the original contest guidelines to the first post just above where the videos are listed.

Thanks for the suggestion,
Bart

Bartman

for a little background info, i thought that this contest was going to be a challenge but fairly doable based on my experience trying to fly my Oktokopter tethered to a fishing pole. I began by flying with a tennis ball hanging about 20 ft below the kopter and it was very stable and the ball didn't swing too wildly. i then hooked up a fishing line to a connector just below the ball and the ball was meant to keep the line visible and hanging down away from the props so it wouldn't get tangled during descents. based on those experiences flying with things hanging below the kopter i thought it would be interesting to work it into the contest somehow. knowing it would be a challenge though, and knowing that for the contest to be successful we had to have it possible for everyone to be able to get an entry in, the element of creativity was stressed as an important part. this was also done to make the videos easier to watch rather than just having fifteen videos of kopters droning on making it tough for the audience to really watch them before voting. in the last contest though the videos were required to be unedited and we didn't include that stipulation this time around so editing ended up playing a larger role in the overall presentation of the videos.
i actually give all of the comments we get a lot of thought before doing anything. if it's interesting to anyone for only the top five or six pilots to post entries then maybe we'll have an even harder contest challenge just to see who's tops with the sticks.
to be completely honest, i'm impressed by anyone that takes the time to set up their contest flights, make video, and post it knowing that the flying was very challenging and that their efforts will be watched around the world. my hat's off to all of the entrants, thanks again for a job well done.

Bart

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Thats just been a great 40mins worth of belly laughs for sunday morning!

Brilliant well done to everyone how took the time and effort to make me laugh... oh and show off or not show off flying skills!

Love the chicken dunker, Gunters bucket, Action Man and Barbie, the witches brew and the foam party.. dry ice wow.. all quality.. some nice video editing in there to but also loved the determination that some showed in just getting it done.. again brilliant.

Everyone should be a winner.. Off to cast me votes now

Dave

Bartman

to help alleviate some of the drama that has developed around this contest here's the original thread where we openly discussed the nature of this contest and where the community had the opportunity to help direct the design of it. many of you participated in this thread, some didn't.

http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthread.php?1027-It-s-contest-time-again!!&highlight=contest

i believe the record speaks for itself. i should also mention that the site software prevents multiple registrations with the same email or IP address.

Bartman

Thats just been a great 40mins worth of belly laughs for sunday morning!

Brilliant well done to everyone how took the time and effort to make me laugh... oh and show off or not show off flying skills!

Love the chicken dunker, Gunters bucket, Action Man and Barbie, the witches brew and the foam party.. dry ice wow.. all quality.. some nice video editing in there to but also loved the determination that some showed in just getting it done.. again brilliant.

Everyone should be a winner.. Off to cast me votes now

Dave

Dave
I should have given you more credit in my post about flying with the tennis ball as it was your idea to make it into the contest format. I happened to be flying my tennis ball tether at about the same time I guess and it brought it all together.

We need more voters!!

:)

Bart

Emowillcox

Hey Iris wish it was so, but that random pick from the top 5 will probably give you just as much chance to win as me. From what I understand I think Bart is going to take the top 5 entries and put them in a hat and pick 1 lucky winner. I had alot of fun making the video and really surprised & glad to get so many votes.... for sure it wasn't the flying.. maybe it was the visit from MRS Multirotor who helped me to get all the votes. Oh by the way I think you should have your wife 10 foot tall wife run for MRS Multirotor 2012 :02.47-tranquillity::tennis::nevreness: her height is sure to give her an advantage to win that spot. By the way really liked your video and just curious how much time you spent editing?

Yeah that steak video was great... made me hungry after watching it :dread:

Alot of great videos. Wonder if those guys in the body shop got caught by their boss doing the competition at work :black_eyed::highly_amused::shame: Lucky Juz didn't do his entry via FPV or else I think we would all have gotten blown away in the voting :shame:

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

i thought she was Miss Multirotor? She's actually Mrs.? That changes everything, I wonder if I can change my votes!!

Emowillcox

Too late... actually she was Miss Multirotor when it started but then her title later changed to Mrs Multirotor after I snatched her up :02.47-tranquillity: no thanks to my flying skills
After getting hit by that brick looks like doctor says i'll be okay and ready for the next competition.

attachment.php

Looking back on things now I should have used my WooKong and maybe the competition would have been easier :black_eyed::black_eyed: :nevreness::02.47-tranquillity::livid::dejection::highly_amused::dread: and saved me a trip to the hospital.

Last edited by a moderator:

combatxe2

Hi emo I used to fly combat with epp wings, got side tracked by helicopters and now MR's, will get back to the combat again when summer comes back. That's providing I haven't brought myself an FPV rig by then.

Emowillcox

HI CombatXe that is cool. I use to fly all kinds of combat... control line and rc with streamers and the EPP stuff. Glad to see you on there. I got some Control Line Combat buddies over in your part of the world.

mbsteed

aerial video centric
denny, if you feel the contest isn't being run to your satisfaction you can pull your entry and i'll start the voting over.
this is supposed to be fun. yes, the challenge was more of a challenge than i anticipated but the goal is to have a lot of participation and i continue to stress that the voters will decide who is worthy of a vote. i could be more rigid about the contest rules but aren't there enough arseholes in the world trying to tell other people what to do?
fun, it's supposed to be fun.

bartman

Thanks Bartman, I think your point was in the disclaimer on the first post. In my mind, stretching or bending the general idea was part and parcel of the description of the contest. If rules were too rigid then we wouldn't have seen all the creative ideas folks had. I thought it was a great contest - some guidance to constrain the activity but enough freedom to let people loose with their creativity.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
@loscocco welcome to MRF.. I think there will be another comp VERY soon but I suppose next year aint that far away!.. Where on the Planet are you and what are you flying or planning to fly

Dave

juz

FPV pilot
oh no...I'm out to position 6! Time to beg. Come on peeps, vote for me. I actually completed the task...remember, 5 buckets, flown in a star! haha

plingboot

no, don't listen to juz. !!!

i've seen his fpv clips and there's no way he needs a wookong. vote for me instead. (subliminal message)

on a completely different and unrelated matter, does anyone know where i can download one of those doohickies which lets you keep voting on forum polls?