DJI A2 Problems?

flyonix

Flyonix
Hello, just a quick post as we are having a few issues with one of our new A2 autopilots.

The problems we found are that when the basic gains go over 150... only half of the motors initialise and start up, and it seems the other motors are struggling.

anyone else had any issues?

we have test flown the machine (skyjib 8) 3 times to tweak gains etc and flew fine each time... until we set the gains over 150. then once we initialised the machine only half of the motors span up. once we punch the throttle over 40% the motors seem to kick back into action.

i imagine we can just up the motor idle speed and it will sort out the issue.. although i would still like to know why it does it? and if anyone else has had any issues with the A2?.

i also noticed that the LED flashes are slightly different to the wookong M, and are not properly explained in the user manual.

CHEEEEEEERS

Ben

oddschot

Hello, just a quick post as we are having a few issues with one of our new A2 autopilots.

The problems we found are that when the basic gains go over 150... only half of the motors initialise and start up, and it seems the other motors are struggling.

anyone else had any issues?

we have test flown the machine (skyjib 8) 3 times to tweak gains etc and flew fine each time... until we set the gains over 150. then once we initialised the machine only half of the motors span up. once we punch the throttle over 40% the motors seem to kick back into action.

i imagine we can just up the motor idle speed and it will sort out the issue.. although i would still like to know why it does it? and if anyone else has had any issues with the A2?.

i also noticed that the LED flashes are slightly different to the wookong M, and are not properly explained in the user manual.

CHEEEEEEERS

Ben

Hey Ben, We have the A2 on the new EVO airframe and have used all the recommended gains as per DJI's setup instructions, find it quite solid and have not yet (6 hours of airtime so far) had any flight control issues or anything weird with the start-up sequence (crossing fingers)...

...not helpful I know for your situation, but just a general note on the A2 + EVO.

We are however trying to chase down a roll axis issue though with the Z15 that is perplexing, not sure if it is A2 related but who knows... I will post that problem in a different thread.

How badly was your SJ8 flying with the gains under 150?