DJI A2 Official Users' Thread

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Ok So two flight in the yard. One carting 10,000mah just while I got the gains somewhere close. NO Turquoise Lights GOOD but was not wanging it around.

Second loaded it up with 20,000mah to simulate normal flying weight. So GPS quick as you like getting satellites, took off (horrible soft start) and put it about 10m up out of the turbulence of the yard (windy as hell AGAIN). After 68 seconds I lost ALL satellites.. three red flashes but at least it was controllable like it had gone to ATTI not manual GOOD... BUT why did it loose satellites? It sat on the ground for at least 5 mins while I was running round like a headless chicken trying to find my Garmin to see if the satellites had truly disappeared but before I could find it the GPS stopped flashing reds. MMM doubt creeps in my mind again. iPad reports GPS error.

So stuck it up again and for 17 mins it stayed put within its own diameter although the vertical took some tuning. but eventually I sorted it and for the wind conditions it was pretty good. BUT unlike my WKM machines trim induced yaws this thing is pants. Maybe it was the wind but my WKM's arc beautifully while sticking to the spot. Also I hate the soft take off and hard landing characteristics.. any one else noticed this?

So charge a load of packs and head down to the field for a reet good old wanging!

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

Quinton

So stuck it up again and for 17 mins it stayed put within its own diameter although the vertical took some tuning. but eventually I sorted it and for the wind conditions it was pretty good. BUT unlike my WKM machines trim induced yaws this thing is pants. Maybe it was the wind but my WKM's arc beautifully while sticking to the spot. Also I hate the soft take off and hard landing characteristics.. any one else noticed this?

Dave

On my maiden flight of the cortex it almost tipped over during take off, I actually thought it was a goner, but ever since I seen that, I just give it plenty of throttle on take off and it was OK since that.
My yaw as actually pretty good at sticking to the spot, not that I had much time to tune it properly.
See if you can check out the RTH switch, set it to "hover" and see if it actually climbs and wants to go home.
I am 100% certain I had mine set to hover, but its grounded at the moment and I can not try it again.
One thing I will say is when I connect to the A2 with my iphone bluetooth, it continuously lost signal and asked to reconnect, unlike the wooking.

kloner

Aerial DP
what u talkin about willis!

willis, haven't heard that in a while.... grew up on that show

so lets say you know the controller works great but is gonna cause a drift if you pan the craft,,,, to me, to get the shot, i adjust, pan with the gimbal..... Guess what i'm saying rather than challenge a controller not doing something i want it to, i improvise... is it the right way, hell no, but does it work, you bet.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Yep thats fine on a two man 360. My ADX3 is a 2 axis but when I am flying solo coz thats how it is sometimes when your a copter addict and I want to capture a vista it great to be able to sick her in PH and slowly... well what I do works just brilliant on WKM but A2 sucks.. just been out for a wang around video soon

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

plexus

GPS Exporter 1.4

hi,
i am new with the A2. First flight, correct. But i cannot convert the Flyxx.dat with the GPS exporter 1.4 . In the Windows i get 0 data.
How to do ?

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Sorry cant help there..I would suggest you start a new thread on the data link rather than post in here

Dave