DJI A2 Multi-Rotor Flight Control System Has Been Available!

DJI A2 Multi-Rotor stabilization controller is a complete flight system for various multi-rotor platforms for commercial and industrial AP applications. Based on the technology and design philosophy of DJI’s Ace series of high-performance controller, the A2 offers you a brand new flight experience. Its flight mode setup provides a seamless transition for current Ace One AP professionals. It utilizes high quality components precisely calibrated with temperature compensation in all gyros and sensors, industry renowned flight algorithm in autopilot and UAV field.

Combo discount is available, please contact your local dealer for detail information!

a2_2.jpg

Major Functions:

1. A2 Flight Control System is designed with metallic appearance and high-performance GPS-COMPASS PRO;
2. Multi-control modes, including GPS mode, Manual mode and two kinds of ATTI. Modes;
3. Support various multi-rotors, including Quad-rotor(I4,X4),Hexa-rotor(I6,V6,Y6,IY6),Octo-rotor(X8,I8,V8)and customized type;
4. It is built-in Receiver DR16 with 16 channels, can support the external receiver, e.g. S-Bus,DSM2 and PPM;
5. Advanced FailSafe function, the aircraft can hover or Go home and Landing automatically;
6. Attitude is controllable when one motor output of the Hexa-rotor is failed;
7. IOC(Intelligent Orientation Control),including Course lock, Home point lock and Point of interest flying;
8. 2-axis gimbal supported;
9. Two level low-voltage protection;
10. LED-BT-I module is integrated with LED and Bluetooth, can support the para configuration on mobile device via Bluetooth communication;
11. iPAD Ground Station functionsupported with the DJI 2.4GHz Bluetooth Data-link;
12. Sound alarm function for the flight control system;
13. Remote gain value adjustmentsupported by setting a knobon the Transmitter;
14. Support DJI series products, including Z15 gimbal, iOSDMark II, 2.4G DATA LINK and iPAD Ground Station;

Please log into DJI.com for more information!

a2_4.jpg

a2_6.jpg

a2_10.jpg

a2_8.jpg

a2_13.jpg

sixshooterstang

Bird's Eyes Aerial Media
Looks fancy. Only a little more expensive than the WKM but I am sure it will be more precise. Cant wait to read some reviews

rwilabee

Since it has a built in receiver I wonder what happens if you use an external gimbal and want to control it via the knobs on the transmitter. Right now I plug the gimbal into Port 5 and Port 8 of my Futaba receiver to control via knobs if I want to adjust the pitch and horizontal.

Rich

Tahoe Ed

It supports Futaba and Spektrum satellites. The channels are assignable on the Futaba and Assistant as well as the output ports. So you could have an S800 and M7 & M8, F1-4 and X1-2 are available to control other functions. Looks like single operator for the A2, S800, Z15 is possible. I am not sure how the spektrum interface works. I know that with the MK boards with a diversity connection the satellites depend on how you bind the initial Rx. If you are using a 9 channel Rx for the initial bind then you have 9 channels available. However, the A2 may be different. This is one of the reasons that I started the conversion of my fleet to Futaba about 6 months ago.

rwilabee

So I don't suppose it would have any way of sending back any telemetry info to the Futaba Transmitter.
It supports Futaba and Spektrum satellites. The channels are assignable on the Futaba and Assistant as well as the output ports. So you could have an S800 and M7 & M8, F1-4 and X1-2 are available to control other functions. Looks like single operator for the A2, S800, Z15 is possible. I am not sure how the spektrum interface works. I know that with the MK boards with a diversity connection the satellites depend on how you bind the initial Rx. If you are using a 9 channel Rx for the initial bind then you have 9 channels available. However, the A2 may be different. This is one of the reasons that I started the conversion of my fleet to Futaba about 6 months ago.

ChrisViperM

There is some more important questions:

Are waypoints transferable from WooKong to A2 (regardless how useful waypoints are)....?

Are WooKong and A2 going to be 2 different product lines.....?

What will happen to the Wookong Firmware development, since there are a few issues still open......?

Why do customers have to buy a separte "DJI D-Bus adapter" if they want to use receivers other than Spectrum and Futaba.....? A2 Manual, page 8, diagram http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/a2/en/A2_Quick_Start_Guide_v1.0_en.pdf

Where can they get such an adapter......?

Will the iPhone/iPad app work with the A2.....?

How compatible are various components from the Wookong and the A2.....?

Why did DJI "trick" customers to buy the "old" Wookong hardware (Wookong Super-Deal) when they knew that the A2 is going to be avaliable very soon.....?

How will DJI compensate such customers, who bought the Wookong, thinking they buy the latest "professional" Flightcontroller from DJI......?

Was it on purpose that DJI removed any announcements about the A2 from their website until 2 days ago, to get customers to buy old Wookong hardware.....?

How will DJI struture their customer support in future with their approach to "professionalism", since customer support is basically not existing.....?

Chris

skyhigh

Great questions Chris! I too am disappointed by DJI's attempt at professionalism... I think they are only concerned with the all mighty dollar, or yuan...

I now have 2 wkm, and am curious to see how further development of them continues now that the A2 is out. Maybe they will offer an 'upgrade' option...(not going to hold my breath)...

ChrisViperM

Great questions Chris! I too am disappointed by DJI's attempt at professionalism... I think they are only concerned with the all mighty dollar, or yuan...

I now have 2 wkm, and am curious to see how further development of them continues now that the A2 is out. Maybe they will offer an 'upgrade' option...(not going to hold my breath)...

Since it is a "great" tradition from DJI to come up with "a new, improved version" v2 for almost all of their products after a while, it might make sense to wait for A2 v2 and not to just blindly buy the new bling-bling.....

Chris

RC Flying

A Drone Mind
I don't see the recent Wookong deals as DJI hoodwinking people, I thought it was common knowledge that the A2 was coming out for a while now and that this was the reason the Wookong was being sold cheaper and having waypoints opened etc. People have been talking about it for a couple of months now.

Anyway, regardless I'll be trying it as soon as I can afford it. Hopefully there will be some videos by then, I don't want to be the first but I'm not going to hang back for over a year to see a version 2 or whatever.

maxwelltub

Chris why do you continue to look at the DJI threads? Its freaken hilarious and I almost always agree with you, but I dont get why you even visit the dji section.

maxwelltub

I know this is an ironic place to ask this, but what are you guys using instead of DJI for your FC? Chris I know you said you had a no dji goal for the future, not sure if your there yet or not but I am building an X8 and I want to try a different board. Any suggestions.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
The only good thing I can see about this is.... it will make the Wookongs cheaper for me to buy.. lol That is it, nothing else.