DJI A2 failed compass calibration after firmware upgrade 8-May-14

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Hello everyone,

I did the firmware upgrade this morning, reset everything and attempted to do a compass calibration. EVerything is the same except for the addition of a Z15-GH3 gimbal which is plugged directly into the Can-BUs port on the GPS cable.

In trying to complete the compass calibration I can get through the horizontal calibration successfully but when I cycle the mode switch one time to do the vertical calibration it goes right to a green-yellow LED indicating an abnormal compass calibration.

After cycling the power it flashes continuous green indicating abnormal vertical component of the compass calibration.

Any suggestions?

THanks,
Bart

Last edited by a moderator:

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
You don't have to cycle the mode switch after the horizontal calibration. The flow diagram in the manual is misleading. At the green light just start the vertical bit.

Bartman

You don't have to cycle the mode switch after the horizontal calibration. The flow diagram in the manual is misleading. At the green light just start the vertical bit.

seriously??????

ok, i won't have a chance to get back to it for a few days so i'll try it when i can.

thanks,
bart

deluge2

The diagram is 'correct', but you have to follow the arrows to complete the proper sequence. Perhaps it would help if DJI would add some white space below the primary path and move the mode switch box to the left, so it is less likely to be misinterpreted as a step between horizontal and vertical calibration steps.

Steve

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
seriously??????

ok, i won't have a chance to get back to it for a few days so i'll try it when i can.

thanks,
bart

That should fix it. I thought it was odd when you mentioned you flicked the switch between both parts of the calibration. It would explain your symptoms.

Good luck. :02.47-tranquillity:

Bartman

thanks guys....there's some negative learning involved as both Hoverfly and Mikrokopter have an interim step during the compass calibration similar to what I thought was involved with the A2 calibration. With the A2 calibration though I did it the wrong way when I maidened the helicopter without the gimbal and it took it! i guess i didn't actually have good vertical calibration data but it flew anyway.

no time through the weekend to get back to it but monday will be open and maybe i'll even have a chance to see what kind of footage the gimbal can produce.

thanks for the help!

hifidiaries

I also just did the update to the new firmware, and I just get yellow green over and over. Abnormal compass data. I tried this in multiple locations, (Seriously fine any other time) So I try to put it into Calibration mode, and nothing happens... Any ideas?

Bartman

did you happen to male the same mistake I made by flipping the switch once between the horizontal and vertical parts of the calibration process?

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I also just did the update to the new firmware, and I just get yellow green over and over. Abnormal compass data. I tried this in multiple locations, (Seriously fine any other time) So I try to put it into Calibration mode, and nothing happens... Any ideas?

Make sure in the assistant that the mode selection switch endpoint are adjusted so that when you go to GPS the assistant lights up gps and does not say RX LOST. same athe manual end it should read manual not RX LOST.

Then do flick the switch several times through its full travel to get into calibration mode. once calibrated and you have got rid of yellow green lights put it outsde to get all sats (no redlights) then calibrate again.

Dave