DJI A2 and Spektrum transmitters - something to consider!

Bryharv

Just a heads up if you are building your fancy new HL multicopter and you want to fly your Spektrum radio with the A2 then you will be limited to 8 channels. I just found this out the hard way, after I spent all the money. :0(

Tahoe Ed

Bryharv,

I am sorry that you found out the hard way but it has been posted several times on this forum and others.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Thats bazaar as with the previous version firmware you could get as many as your radio had. I have only tried with my DX8 via satellite. This is true though if you are using the sbus adaptor. I am still not convinced that the A2 is suited to Spektrum. I have given up with mine and am waiting for a response from DJI to their admission that there is a problem. They have the video evidence and promised to sort it out, that was before their new year break. I have not heard diddly squat since.

Dave

Droid

Can you please explain what sort of problem there is? I love my DX8 and don't want to switch to another brand. I was planning to buy A2 for my new build.

sk8brd

the a2 has built in hardware for futaba radio support and also supports channel mapping for more then 8 channels with futaba radio. i have heard of several issues with spectrum on a2's like dropping satellites seam's like futaba is the way to go on the a2.

Pjtyros

Thats bazaar as with the previous version firmware you could get as many as your radio had. I have only tried with my DX8 via satellite. This is true though if you are using the sbus adaptor. I am still not convinced that the A2 is suited to Spektrum. I have given up with mine and am waiting for a response from DJI to their admission that there is a problem. They have the video evidence and promised to sort it out, that was before their new year break. I have not heard diddly squat since.

Dave

Hi Dave,
I am considering the A2 on my next craft, I am using futaba on all my other registered craft with WKM. What is your opinion, stick with WKM or go A2. I like the idea of the integrated receiver and the available channels.
THanks