DJI 550 wiring Hyperion charger vague instructions

[h=2]DJI 550 Build in progress wiring question[/h]
Hi, I'm new to RC ( so go easy on me) and I have a DJI 550 build in progress.

• I have motors fastened to arms (yes I used thread locker)
  • ESC's , battery lead and 2 extra power leads soldered to bottom board and heat shrink tubing is in place.

After getting the 550 to that point, At my not-so-local (1 hour drive ) hobby shop where I bought all my stuff, the people there binded my DX8 and went through the calibration process on their laptop. (Due to the busy atmosphere, not a lot was explained to me)
With their assistance, the DX8 receiver wires are all hooked up to the Naza.

Aeleron, rudder, motors are all hooked up properly.

• U on the NAZA is hooked to gear
  • X1 is hooked to Aux 1
  • X2 is hooked to Aux3

I'm looking to move forward with the assembly but I'm making this post to get confirmation that the receiver is wired to the NAZA as it should be before I bolt the arms and top plate on.

I downloaded and installed Naza assistant at my end and when I hook it up to the craft I'm getting a config error 8, although I was able to re-run calibration.

I read over the NAZA manual and it seems a lot was lost in the translation! Even if I could understand the manual, its seems I'll still need to go back to the hobby shop and have someone explain the workings of the GPS and control modes before attempting my first flight.

It would be great if someone local to me could provide me some live help. I'm in Saugus MA and willing to drive.

The NAZA manual auto pilot / GPS section intructions are not real easy for me to understand.... and I'm not a dummy :-/ ( I was the smartest kid in the dumb class...)

I understand the concepts of altitude hold, return home, etc, but would not know how get the DX 8 to activate them.

Intelligent? orientation control, GPS calibration etc are other things I'll need to learn about.

One a different note, then comes Battery Charging 101 :-O !!! I have yet to delve into my Hyperion 720i. The manual for that is another thing...

Thanks in advance for and help, advice etc.

Jim​

kloner

Aerial DP
when everything is on and it's plugged into assistant with a green motor control light on, move your radio sticks while looking at tx cali..... you should see everything move