Digital Servo Savox SA 1283SG - get more rotation

roryhinds

I have a Savox SA 1283SG digital servo and I can't get it to travel more than 45 degree rotation.
I can move the servo motor with my hand and tell there is a full 90 degree rotation but regardless of my end-point settings I can't get the servo to rotate the full 90 degree.

Does this digital servo need to be programmed or something?
How do I get it to rotate the full 90 degrees?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

kloner

Aerial DP
a lot of radios have a endpoint set to 100 but will go to 140..... try extending that. there is something called a servo stretcher that'll make it increase throw but you loose resolution if it matters....

roryhinds

Hi Kloner

Yeah I tried setting the end-points but can't get any more rotation out of the servo.
I'm using a Futaba 14CG.

Any other ideas?

roryhinds

Thanks Kloner, I have a digital servo and those seem to only work with analog ones.

I've had to order a new servo which will hopefully work as expected.
Will report back.

janoots2

Is it for a gimbal? If so modify to install an external Potentiometer. Savox's work great for that use...although quite outdated since we entered the brushless age. Although I still use my Savox servo gimbal for stills to enjoy the torque.

roryhinds

thanks Janoots2, no this isn't for a gimbal.

I just received the replacement servo and its doing the exact same thing so something else must be set wrong.

I'm on a Futaba 14CG and have the End Points to the highest they can go and I can only get 90 degrees out of the servo.
I tried on a different receiver and the same thing happens.
I tried on a different Futaba 10 Channel transmitter and the same thing happens.

What is the trick to working with digital servos and getting the full 180 degrees rotation out of them?

Last edited by a moderator:

roryhinds

This Savox SA 1283SG has hard stops at the 180 degree ends so it can only physically rotate 180.
But as mentioned when I plug it in and operate it from my Futaba controller I can only get it to rotate 90 degree.

Any ideas?