CX4 Naza flips on liftoff

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]When you think you are safe from harm it happens.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]My CX4 Naza + Gps with latest firmware flipped on liftoff, came straight at my legs and the Graupner drew blood. The unit was in atti and was not responding to tx inputs. No signal loss on DX8 telemetry. [/FONT]

Thankfully not a lot of stitching was required.

And I thought my Naza is safer than my WKm...

View attachment 7244View attachment 7245

Attachments

• IMG_20121024_115611.jpg
    IMG_20121024_115611.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_20121024_115615.jpg
    IMG_20121024_115615.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 221

kloner

Aerial DP
f'm pos, mf'r,,,, sorry that happened dude. that is a nice rig. i've seen it once, and recently but i was in manual

they generaly behave. what are the gains set at?if it's newer and your flying without the cover, put tape on the left side just in case.

Tomstoy2

That sucks, sorry to hear it!

Welcome to the 'scars club'.

Seems these things really have a taste for blood. When I got hit I honestly thought I was going to die! Was never so glad I didn't see arterial spray!

Cooled off a bit and tried the Naza again. I was holding the quad over my head and a friend armed the motors in atti mode, as soon as it's armed there is a violent on off full throttle and no stabilization.

kloner

Aerial DP
are the motors plugged in the right ports? standing behind, front right is 1, front left is 2,,,,,,, rear left 3

did you set the esc endpoint calibration?

Yes motors are correctly connected. ESC are simonk F30 with preset endpoints. The CX4 was home to a wkm and was flying ok until I lost faith in it and removed it. Naza was fine on an F550.

DesJardins

+1 on the settings & I would check your IMU calibration on the Assistant as well just to be sure on everything.
Helped correct one last night that wanted to just go forward as the IMU was 3% off on the Y axis!

Reflashing the Naza with the latest firmware seems to fix the issue. If I can walk tomorrow I will give it another try. I'll be wearing a pair of my thickest jeans though :)