CX WKM Build

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Guys,

got my CX frame today. So everything else was unimportant :) and i started right away.

I like the new DW motors mounts or lets not say new but altered. They have a little know im them that places them straight on the boom and lock into the hole in the boom. Before i hated the boom clamp system from DW for my AD 8, since after tightening a screw on the motors mount the game start it the mount straight or not etc. I also like the fact that i got a lot of extra screws ! It should be standard for all frame producers just to pack in a couple extra screws. No reason why the customers duy to loosing a screw or a missing screw have to wait for a spare to arrive. Kills the customers experience and is a hassle for both sides.

Did a little extra paint job on the hood and will light it from the inside with some leds. Gonna take the standard setup again abusemark dist board, the same ESCs like kens and the small axis 2217 i think they are called. Dont know yet if i should paint the bottom part of the hood, lets see might be cool to have some light going to the ground.

Boris

View attachment 1593View attachment 1594View attachment 1595View attachment 1596

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 366
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 508
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 540
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 552

SYNDK8

Skyvokker
I really like that paint scheme, if only the light could move like Tron :) Congrats, can't wait to see the results.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Anybody now any remote led switches ? question if it would work if i have futaba s-bus. Of coarse some of the channel plugs are free on the RX but if i can still use them ?

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
I think the guy who sells the bright led lighting also sells channel switches. On the phone now do can't search for the link for you.

Gunter.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Gunter if you find it and the time for searching please send it. The leds draw quite a bit and get hot so i will need to switch them from the remote. In the winter great to keep the IMU warm :) in the summer maybe a problem

Thanks

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Morning Boris

Ross at lighting for areomoderlers has them.. they are two position so you can switch two sets of lights from one channel.. (It think) I have one but have not hooked it up yet. What LED's are you running. If they are getting real hot you may ant to stick a resistor in there.

Dave

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Dave thanks.

I got the CC Pro bec just for the leds :) and i will have them running at 12.5 V arround 2 3 A depending if i will add more. I still want to give it a red *** :) With 12.5 v its fine. if i hook them up directly to the 4s its super bright retina imprints for 5 mins, but not doable because the frame will melt.

Ill just search for areomoderlers ? can be found ?

Thanks

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
I wonder if its an issue if a spray paint the GPS module, dont want that white DJI logo thingi on the bird.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
If me idiot wont have forgotten to order the prop mounts with the axis and than would have ordered the right prop mounts the second time :) i would be flying already. I want to mount the GPS as low a possible, i know it sounds stupid but i ruins the look if its to high. I am going to create something that hold the hood in place over the thread and to the same thing i am going to mount he gps as low as possible. Just a little worried about the stability of the GPS module considering that the compass is inside and a 3mm thread and that plastic pole doesnt give to much stability. Probably going to drill a whole for the can-bus wire.

View attachment 1629View attachment 1630View attachment 1631View attachment 1632View attachment 1633

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 435
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 418
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 368
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 317
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 369

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
I think it will make it and stick two 1.6 mAh 4s in the back so altogether 4800 mAh. Want to keep the bats inside. Think that the whole point of the CX everything possible inside to fly in winter wet like conditions.
I am a very lucky man a hobby king store opened 5 mins away from my place I think i am going to go and check out lipo sizes :)

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Your going to need a bigger battery for all them LED's! Blimy no wonder u were worried about over heating.. How many u got in there?

U pulsing then some how to the beat of the props! ;-)