XAircraft CRASHED - Help with log file

I was out today with my X650-Pro and was into my first fight of the day. All started off well until the end where the copter came crashing down.

At around 14.3V I decided to bring the copter in, flipped RTH and watched as the copter made its way back without any issues. As it started to descend I noticed the copter started dropping like a brick, motors were still running, tried to gain control by flipping into ATTI mode but got no response. The copter hit the ground hard broke the land gear bounded around but was not responsive to any control input.

I was wondering if someone can take a look at the log file and see if they can give me any indication as to why the copter fell like a ton of bricks.

http://log.xaircraft.com/#2014_06_18_143110.000_41.1.07.38

Thanks.

yeehaanow

Have you checked your battery since the crash? It looks like you lost a cell right at the end when you see the battery voltage go from 14 to 12.5, and/ or you lost a motor, M1 goes to 100%.

kloner

Aerial DP
why was safe mode turned on so long?....

edit, i didn't get the rth part....

flew too long, and that motor went out,,,,

@Kloner - I typically test fail safe each time I go fly. I like to fly the copter out than switch into fail safe. I should have said fail safe instead of RTH (Return to Home)

AYeehaanow - I don't think the motor failed but it was battery. When I recovered the battery it was VERY hot and puffy as well. I may have to many things being powered off it (FC, OSD, RX, vTX, Gimbal, GoPro)

Old Man

Aside from the crash, how do you like the 650 Pro? I've been looking at that as a possibility for a Go Pro and FPV.

@Old Man - Aside from the crash the 650 Pro is great. My FPV setup with this frame is X650 Pro (stock), SuperX, XA OSD, Tarot gimbal, Hero 3 silver, FatShark 250mW vTX, FatShark 600TVL FPV CMOS camera. My flight times are around 10 minutes with everything running off the flight battery. I think after this crash I'm going to run a separate battery to power the FPV and GoPro gear. Also looking to see if I can trim some weight, might look at the Stella gimbal. If you want to see what the flight looks like on this setup from the GoPro check out my flight from today, also includes the crash.

http://youtu.be/8OapbPEwUTo