Tau Labs Copter Control General Help Thread

FlyEYE

I got my CC today and I'm having problems getting the cgs to communicate with it..
The CC has a green light and a blinking blue light.
When doing a rescue I get
"You will be prompted to first connect USB, then system power
Connect USB in 2 seconds...
...Now!
... Detecting First Board...
Could not enter DFU mode."

When doing a boot I get
"Attempting to boot the system through USB.
Could not enter DFU mode."

Any ideas what to try?

Also what version of the CGS should
I be trying from here http://wiki.openpilot.org/display/BUILDS/OpenPilot+Software+Downloads

FlyEYE

Well it just seems that I plugged it in to soon, d'Oh. So, when it says Connect USB in 2 seconds, just do what it says.

Efliernz

Pete
Question time while I design my new hex. I like to use magnets to hold the arms in place

Works well - test video here :

is the cc affected by close (5cm) rare-earth magnets?

Cheers

Pete (future cc AP pilot)

Last edited by a moderator:

Crash

Defies Psychics
I took a real flight today. It's pretty stable and needs some tuning. I was afraid to kick it around too much because I need to strengthen my motor arms at the clamps.

I did notice one thing right away that I wish CC could do - soft trims for the ACC. With the multiwii you can land and use the radio sticks to further trim the ACC and that gets saved on the flight board. Then you use the standard radio trims for the gyros. That would be a nice addition for people who don't always have a laptop.

Pete: It would be great if you could post a new thread of your build with some photos. I see no change when I put tiny rare earth magnets near my board. I think you will be fine. Just don't try to put a magnetic compass on it.

jes1111

Question time while I design my new hex. I like to use magnets to hold the arms in place

Works well - test video here :

is the cc affected by close (5cm) rare-earth magnets?

Cheers

Pete (future cc AP pilot)
Might be okay with CC, but very likely to give you trouble with Pro/INS, which has a magnetometer on-board.

Last edited by a moderator:

Efliernz

Pete
Thanks all.

I have some house building work the wife says comes first... she even ordered the new blinds forcing me to get on with it :(

I will document the build though. I am already a part-time AP pilot (yes I make money... not just talk about it!) but I'm seeing a multi in the fleet to replace my heli really soon.

Pete

www.ascendphotography.co.nz

Crash

Defies Psychics
9600 baud telemerty

GCS and firmware dated 6-08-11.

I tried setting up telemetry today with two Xbees. They are the XSC models so the radio link maxes out at 9600. I used 9600 for every link in the chain and I can connect to the CC board. I do not see any data though and the health gadget says 'no link'.

The Xbees do communicate and they will pass a loopback test. I'm also pretty sure everything is setup properly. Can someone confirm that the CC won't work at such a low speed?

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
No I haven't. Thank you. I'll post there tomorrow. He has the same parts. I did have to fix the diode problem on my board to get RF communication but that still didn't fix the real problem.

Crash.. I thin Geoff at Quadcopters.co.uk has set it up with Xbee stuff.. PM him.

Dave