Copter choice help

Hello everyone,
I'm new here and I'd like to express how helpful this forum is. Congratulations to everyone. :nevreness:
Working for the Ski World Cup I've seen some aerial live shots of some races and that convinced me to add to my actual photography business also the aerial videography.

I've been studying and researching for days for the best copter but still can't decide, the more I learn the more I get confused. I've seen $500 to $60.000 models!

So, what I want to buy is a copter for aerial videography. I'd like to have a wireless link to the ground for the photographer and as still videos as possible. I also have a Canon 7d so it might be interesting to be able to mount it on the copter.
My budget for now it's not too big (about $3.000? :dejection:) because it'll be a test to see if I'll be able to find clients and make money with it, in that case I'll be willing to invest more money.

Thanks everyone a lot!

Bowley

Unless you are experienced with RC Aircraft you might want to first get some low cost basic gear for some 'AB Initio training' so to speak.
Granted, with the stabilizers and autopilots available just now, you can operate one with little or no experience. However with developing legislation worldwide you may find yourself having to fulfill competency requirements which may require a demonstration of full manual control, (as in UK) before you can operate commercially.

Before you buy a MR or heli you should check what you need to operate it commercially in your intended area.

A 7D requires a fairly large machine and its a lot of value to be hanging of your first MR.

Being new to MR's myself my ongoing learning is fresh in my mind. my first move was to get a Gaui 330XS, Its very cheap. tough as hell and a breeze to build, setup and get going. It wont suffice for pro level videography but you can hang a camera of it and practice flying and shooting.
Have a look at the DJI F450/Naza, its an awesome little thing, very cheap and tough also, and there will be a camera mount available for it soon, which, if the hype is to be believed, is going to be the muts nuts!

Steve