Connecting camera to phone thru wi-fi

So I found a camera that has the ability to connect to a phone thru wi-fi for a live feed but there was a warning saying that if you use it in conjunction with a 2.4Ghz radio that it will interfere with the radio and I could loose control of the bird. I've never heard of that before. Can someone either confirm or deny this for me?

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
2.4 is one of the frequencies that wifi operates on. There have mentions of the wifi from gopros causing issues.

I figured that. Thanks for the info. Was hoping I'd be able to use this to stream video to my phone instead of having to invest in a video transmitter and receiver. Seems hard to find a setup where you can record the live feed while watching it live. At least one that doesn't cost twice what I paid for my quad.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
There are some cheap DVRs that HK sells (and some others from Chinese distributors). I have had no luck with them - but maybe I got a bad batch? I bought it because some people I know had great luck with them.

Just records standard def - but my FPV camera is SD anyway.

Luck of the draw :)

Well I ended up ordering the Turnigy GoPro clone with the Wi-Fi only because it was like $13 more than the one without Wi-Fi. I also ordered the dongle that allows me to hook the camera up to a transmitter thru it's USB port to give me live video so hopefully it'll record and send live video. We'll see. For now I'll just press record and fly and see what I get. I ended up ordering the wireless 3DR for telemetry for now. That was a little more important to me at the moment.